Dan - Lurker for 5+ years

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a lurker on this forum for the last five years or so. I'm an active member of the competitor forum and I've met quite a few people on there, many of which are on here aswell so I thought it would make sense to be part of the wider community and post my reports on this site.

I have explored countless places over the years, I started my urbex journey way back in 2014 and didn't do much until 2017. After 2020 lockdown, I got pretty serious with it, buying a fair bit of camera gear and putting a lot of time into posting reports online, finding out the history of places and spending countless hours on Lightroom. I spend many hours a week researching and finding new locations to visit. In the past year or so I have ventured further afield from my local area which is Norfolk. I've visited most areas in England South of Leeds, excluding Devon, Cornwall and Lincolnshire.

I'm sure many of you will recognise my username but for those who don't, it's good to meet you.

From now, I will be posting on both communities. I find these forum sites a lot better than the countless Facebook groups that have the same blurry, HDR phone photos of the same crap. My favorite places to visit are Industrial Sites and Mills. My highlights of the year include Cranebank British Airways Training Centre, George Barnsley's, Haddon Tunnel, an old mill in Anglesey amoungst many others.

I'll be backdating some of my reports from 28DL and posting on here.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome, Dan.

Thanks for de-lurking! Glad to have you here. Enjoy.

Hi Dan. Look foward to seeing your reports. We haven't done a lot down that way. We've mostly been on the west side between liverpool/lancaster. So reports on places outside our area are often the only way we'll get to see a place!

Hi Dan. Look foward to seeing your reports. We haven't done a lot down that way. We've mostly been on the west side between liverpool/lancaster. So reports on places outside our area are often the only way we'll get to see a place!
Cheers! I've never really done much up that way. The big ones up there for me would be St Joe's and Fiddler's Ferry which I'd love to do.

Cheers! I've never really done much up that way. The big ones up there for me would be St Joe's and Fiddler's Ferry which I'd love to do.
Yeah, me too sadly. People rarely get into St joseph's with double fencing, cameras, two security guards, and usually a dog. Always jealous of those that make it. You have to be able to climb well from what I've heard. We went to Fiddlers ferry only once and there was alot of activity so we moved on. The satellite view doesn't do it justice. The size when you're there is epic. Hopefully soon. Good luck.

Yeah, me too sadly. People rarely get into St joseph's with double fencing, cameras, two security guards, and usually a dog. Always jealous of those that make it. You have to be able to climb well from what I've heard. We went to Fiddlers ferry only once and there was alot of activity so we moved on. The satellite view doesn't do it justice. The size when you're there is epic. Hopefully soon. Good luck.
Cheers mate, yeah Ive heard St Joes requires a lot of climbing and I'm no good with all that haha. Fiddler's is getting demolished soon I think, it is do-able but a lot of activity on site in terms of secca, lights etc from what i've seen and heard.

St Joes seems to be getting hit a lot again recently so its deff doable. Think u may need someone in the know up there now to find teh easiest way to do it.
TBh it involved a lot of climbing when we done it years back though we came out to find a group of kids had just broke the fence & got straight through it lol

St Joes seems to be getting hit a lot again recently so its deff doable. Think u may need someone in the know up there now to find teh easiest way to do it.
TBh it involved a lot of climbing when we done it years back though we came out to find a group of kids had just broke the fence & got straight through it lol
That's what we keep looking for. Getting to the fences avoiding the guards and cameras is easy enough. We .... (well, I) just need an easier way to the buildings than climbing tall thin metal spiked fences. Maybe we've missed a section. Might be time to try again. We did that at Springside Paper Mill though. 1-2hrs trying the opposite side in marsh and through a stream. Then found an easy hole within 5mins next visit on the dry side. I have a video of my urbex partner doing a little dance whilst jumping in and out through the hole. I'd share it. But then she'd kill me.

That's what we keep looking for. Getting to the fences avoiding the guards and cameras is easy enough. We .... (well, I) just need an easier way to the buildings than climbing tall thin metal spiked fences. Maybe we've missed a section. Might be time to try again. We did that at Springside Paper Mill though. 1-2hrs trying the opposite side in marsh and through a stream. Then found an easy hole within 5mins next visit on the dry side. I have a video of my urbex partner doing a little dance whilst jumping in and out through the hole. I'd share it. But then she'd kill me.

yeah we were lucky we got over a gate so had the gate lock box to climb, the roof climb to get in was sketchy tbh.
security were useless back then, we actually tried to get caught after we had done the ground floor to get let out so we didnt have to climb but despite setting off alarms noone turned up.
We then walked out the main entrance track to find him asleep in his shed, my mate actually videoes him through the window :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I have seen it pop up a few times in the last year or so on social media. I reckon people are either lucky or good at climbing and I seem to be neither lol.

Back