Dance Academy / New Palace Theatre, Plymouth, July 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant site guys...absolutely gorgeous building. Love all the twiddly-bit plasterwork and other architectural details. Superb stuff. :)
Nice to see one of the places my son went to on the notorious Union Street when he was at Uni in Plymouth. :mrgreen:

Beautifully ornate. Well done folks! I am surprised that lighting truss is still there...would have thiought it would have been taken away.
Very nice explore:)

lycos, defo gonna take a tune or two when we go.... just one or two i must hear just one more time.......

Speachless. What a site. I love the pictures that you have taken. Jealous as fuck now however....

UW

OMG !

Cheese burgers for everyone, what a place I've wanted to have a look around for such a long time!

I need to get out again, any sites coming up please let me know, dying to try the EOS out

I cant believe it. I only went a few times but doesnt looked changed at all. Look at the state of his 'flat' haha.

Can you gain access to the malthouse next door through DA's? thats had an opening soon banner up for the last 15yrs......

you can access both sites.

the malt house is a bit of a mix of condition really.
middle and ground floors ok.
top floors and out back a mess.

Thought I'd add a couple external pics of this site, those of you who went there know what it looks like,
so for those of you that dont...

IMGP3491.jpg

IMGP3493.jpg

IMGP3504.jpg

IMGP3505.jpg

and the malthouse next door...

IMGP3499.jpg

with the said banner....lol.

IMGP3500.jpg

What a great place that tower looks interesting. It looks a lot bigger from the external shots than the internals. Nice one! :)

Any revisits would need to be done in the near future as at some point next year there is going to be a court hearing with regards to the seizure of assets and from then on it is uncertain as to who will own the property and what will be done to it... Its just been listed in Britains Top 10 dangerous buildings but Plymouth City Council wont do anything to save it despite it being Gade 2 listed as they do not own it.

PCC have said they willl not buy it even if it goes up for sale but who ever does buy it has got to transform it into a modern safe building (as much as possible given that its listed) which is open during the day as well as evening - its all to do with the Stonehouse and Millbay regeneration plan.

fair play...this is a realll good find. If id found this id feel extremely accomplished.. if a revisit does happen count us in !

Last edited:
man, if you go back, please tell me, Ill pay you.

Love the pictures, love this place. Cheers

The colours in the pics are fab, such a lovely place

How long has it been shut

Does not look as if its been empty that long yet its in such a dangerous state?

Latest posts

Back