Decepticon, Sheffield - July 2010.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ojay

Reaction score
Decepticon, Sheffield - Visited By Ojay, Thompski & Woodburner.

Credits to Siologen for discovering this one. After seeing some photos last year I always planned to visit it once I was in the area.

Today was the day, after a failed Megatron visit (Fuck me they even work on culverts at 8am on a Sunday Morning!!!) we decided to head off in search of Decepticon. Anyway props to Woodburner for working this one out, seems a little local knowledge helps :D

Anyway what is essentially an overflow for a storm relief system, we decided to head on in and check out the place for ourselves.

At the Outfall there was a strong smell of 'Fresh' in the air, hmmm I thought this was a storm relief system?

On with a few photo's......

Once inside we were faced with more stooping (NSFW).

Stoop_out.jpg

Stoop_Me.jpg

Eventually leading through to this box section

Box.jpg

After 100yds or so, it opened up into a concrete arch tunnel with, a raised section down one side

dppl2.jpg

there was quite a loud roar and a familiar smell of 'Fresh' in the air, after climbing up into the first insepction chamber it appeared there was a sewer running through

fresh.jpg

An indeterminable time later (what seemed like ages) we arrived at this much larger chamber

Chamber1.jpg

Ahead was a 7ft RCP, which went on and on and on......

dppl1.jpg

Ojay

OJ.jpg

Woodburner

Wood1.jpg

4804866647_1e595802d0_b.jpg

F@@K this, time to turnaround and head out... Thanks for looking :)

The sewer system is designed to overflow into storm relief systems, otherwise the turds would back up into our houses and we would have foul water fountains coming out of our plugholes! ;)

Latest posts

Back