Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby - June 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've seen a news report about a fire breaking out in Aston hall in November 2008, has this damaged much of it or is the main buildings still all in tact do you know?

Well, that's a different hospital but what the hey!
The fire has only affected one room in the main hall part of the building. The rest is free from fire damage. It is heavily vandalised though so is basically a stripped out shell :)

i've seen a news report about a fire breaking out in Aston hall in November 2008, has this damaged much of it or is the main buildings still all in tact do you know?

As James says - main hall got a bit bashed, its not worth the effort to be honest - plenty of better hospitals in the vicinity (and I'm not referring to this one).

i spent quite abit of time here when i was younger 8 operations to be specific shame its gone but its moved on to bigger and probably better things
x

i spent quite abit of time here when i was younger 8 operations to be specific shame its gone but its moved on to bigger and probably better things
x

Its a matter of debate, the Royal Derby Hospital is vastly superior then the former Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, however its location and particularly the inadequate parking are a major problem, hopefully these problems will be addressed in the near future.

Back