Derelict Wesleyan Chapel, Whitehaven

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone posted on this, the derelict Wesleyan Chapel, Whitehaven? Goodnesss me its spooky (a big structure) and is on Lowther St, the main thoroughfare. Locals now complain Whitehaven shops and shopping is going downhill again, the web etc. But what the heck is the Local Council up to? Imho better demolished, makes one wonder why such places were ever built in the first place, better provide education, scholarships, poor relief, food, bedding etc than some not really needed over-grand edifice. Incidentally, as a new visitor and fascinated with West Cumbria the road layouts are tricky, I've resorted to drawing the OS maps by hand and committing to memory (no sat nav). And that Morrisons entrance at Whitehaven is diabolical.....

strange post. the church in question looks lovely I certainly wouldnt consider demolishing it. (or were u talking about the shops?)
yes churches unfortunately are now a thing of the past, Iv explored over 100 myself, but its down to councils to ensure these are repurposed appropriately.

You'll know exactly what I'm talking abt if you were to go and see it. It really is quite odd in appearance, I wonder what Pevsner has to say on it? Let me go get that book off the shelves ....

Latest posts

Back