Dodge Hill - Stockport - Feb 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

Reaction score
Thanks to TheNewMendoza for the access details on this one, seems all my research would have lead me nowhere,

This has to be the best place i have been so far, just the sense of history regarding this place is amazing when you think about it, wondering how people spent the time in here with no T.V or Internet, must have been boring...

Took in 3 torches and a head torch, they didn't do much considering they all cost me £10+ each, best torch of the day my bargain Poundland one,

Pics are basically the same as any others, got lost really easily in here, going round in circles for about 30mins, going to check out the Chestergate restored tunnels soon,

th_DSCF0230.jpg th_DSCF0241.jpg
th_DSCF0212.jpg th_DSCF0216.jpg
th_DSCF0221.jpg th_DSCF0238.jpg
th_DSCF0210.jpg th_DSCF0214.jpg
th_DSCF0217.jpg th_DSCF0223.jpg

Really good explore, great way to spend a day alone with nothing else to do, next on the list Brinksway,

ike,

Nice work, cool place Dodge Hill, by far the best out of them all.

...just the sense of history regarding this place is amazing when you think about it...

What is the history exactly? I can see it's a shelter, presumably WW2?

...wondering how people spent the time in here with no T.V or Internet, must have been boring...

Tut, tut...people back then actually talked to each other don't you know! :p
They probably played cards a lot too. ;)
Good pics, ike. Enjoyed the tour.

Cheers :)

What is the history exactly? I can see it's a shelter, presumably WW2?

Yeah, its a WW2 Air Raid shelter for the town locals, one of the few ARP tunnels built for civilians,

There were 5 in stockport all together, 2 have been lost due to construction of the M60 motorway, 2 are closed to the public and left to rot and there is 1 that has been restored fully and is used for public tours and school visits,

ike,

Yeah, its a WW2 Air Raid shelter for the town locals, one of the few ARP tunnels built for civilians,

There were 5 in stockport all together, 2 have been lost due to construction of the M60 motorway, 2 are closed to the public and left to rot and there is 1 that has been restored fully and is used for public tours and school visits,

ike,

There where 6 in all mate ;)

Brinksway. Derelict
Dodge Hill. Derelict
Chestergate. Museum (Worth seeing though)
Rock Hole (Portwood) Demolished
Stewart St. Demolished
Heaton Park. Demolished (Rumours its still there but no proof)

We have researched all of them and the only ones left are the first three.

Hope this helps.

Always wonder, if when they built the M60, if they actually demolished the shelters that lay in the path? Or would they just of colapsed part of it? either way, pretty darn sure that there would be no way to get inside now without the aid of JCB :cry:

Always wonder, if when they built the M60, if they actually demolished the shelters that lay in the path? Or would they just of colapsed part of it? either way, pretty darn sure that there would be no way to get inside now without the aid of JCB :cry:

My Dad's got a book on the history of Stockport that mentions one shelter dug into the sandstone (can't remember which one) was bricked up sometime after the war. I'll look it up sometime.

My Dad's got a book on the history of Stockport that mentions one shelter dug into the sandstone (can't remember which one) was bricked up sometime after the war. I'll look it up sometime.

I believe most if not all of them was dug into sandstone, I am sure someone like Havoc would be able to confirm that or shed a lil more light on it at least :)

I had only heard of 5 lol,

Going on one of the Chestergate late night explores soon after having a normal look round,

ike,

Definatley worth the trip mate you will enjoy it, you can take pics too :mrgreen: no messing about light painting either.

And don't forget the shelter in the market hall, too. That makes seven. We need to look into that one, literally.

TnM

Dodge Hill

Hey Guys, I need some help finding Dodge Hill Air Raid Shelter.

I am looking for that entrance the one that you have to squeeze through.

I really do want to explore it.... in return for you help i give you some of my own
images of the underground in the stockport area....

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8aurYCNoqdjITBkKSM5Obo-GhH4NDL835KF2_V6YqaFpjrcU1RQXDGp7w-2IhcP6s

y1pG5vB2lBd4f-d6EuT7950wWdBMaYxtr6XXhs0JTAwSRNbYKnpY6BDBXH_j_pPrAABE_T5Ogs4mAU

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8kw9cDhRqJaIgRNViZQHwcOzw7tqk_4ttuXFSJnIyXo3ERWlXzSGmV7c975NZIT4k

y1pG5vB2lBd4f_F1tDaGnhYLgeSqKGPeLNFhmmrwuIu11zYkWYZlY3tMLTv-gFc_72cmXvbN-HgqBc

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8r_98cLscHioqn9H26PQHOgkUZ362fcF-aeLiObpk-Box_v2IEbDxf_JQMAgNStpM

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I need some help finding Dodge Hill Air Raid Shelter.

I am looking for that entrance the one that you have to squeeze through.

I really do want to explore it.... in return for you help i give you some of my own
images of the underground in the stockport area....

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8aurYCNoqdjITBkKSM5Obo-GhH4NDL835KF2_V6YqaFpjrcU1RQXDGp7w-2IhcP6s

y1pG5vB2lBd4f-d6EuT7950wWdBMaYxtr6XXhs0JTAwSRNbYKnpY6BDBXH_j_pPrAABE_T5Ogs4mAU

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8kw9cDhRqJaIgRNViZQHwcOzw7tqk_4ttuXFSJnIyXo3ERWlXzSGmV7c975NZIT4k

y1pG5vB2lBd4f_F1tDaGnhYLgeSqKGPeLNFhmmrwuIu11zYkWYZlY3tMLTv-gFc_72cmXvbN-HgqBc

y1pG5vB2lBd4f8r_98cLscHioqn9H26PQHOgkUZ362fcF-aeLiObpk-Box_v2IEbDxf_JQMAgNStpM

Looks like the infamous river mersey caves not far from brinksway that ;)

I've Shot Dodge Hill!! Just need to find Brinksway Now!!

Here is the pics I shot in the Dodge Hill Air Raid Shelter. Now if any one would kindly help me find the access to Brinksway I would be greatful to them.... but don't worry if you do not want to help me, as i'll just find it my-self, just like I did find the entrance to Dodge Hill :)
2493402966_b1eb4e92e2_b.jpg

2490660146_6869be71b7_b.jpg

2489840583_2146b9244a_b.jpg

2490657502_a179082df7_b.jpg

2489835377_4117fc0d56_b.jpg

2489834283_fcf1e6a0eb_b.jpg

2487175733_43a34194f5_b.jpg

2492580661_85f5446c93_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back