Get Carter Car Park

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSPA

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was taken at an open day at the car park in April 08. They dont normally have the top levels open but tehy opened the to the public before they demolish it shortly. They still had the restaurant at the top blocked off though, even my best efforts to persuade the steward to open it didn't work. What kind of crazy 70's designer builds a restaurant on top of a car park anyway?! The restaurant by the way, has never been used because they built it and realised that fire engines couldn't get up there and they didn't gve it pipes for running water, eeejits!
This was the first shoot myself, Oddity and Dr.Black did as a team, ah memories.

*Update*

Here's a link to the photos on Photobucket as the Galleries function on this site no longer exists

http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff336/OSPA_photos/Get Carter_2008/

Last edited:
Hey man fine photos,what's the white tent looking thing in the middle of the dereliction in pic 6?

lol, yeah I suppose it does look like a tent doesn't it. That building is The Sage in Gateshead, its a really big Music/concert venue, its quite an amazing building up close and inside. The Dereliction you speak of is Gateshead, but thats ok, they're over the other side of the river to us so no offence taken.

lol, yeah I suppose it does look like a tent doesn't it. That building is The Sage in Gateshead, its a really big Music/concert venue, its quite an amazing building up close and inside. The Dereliction you speak of is Gateshead, but thats ok, they're over the other side of the river to us so no offence taken.
ASorry OSPA must treat meself to some size 3 reading glasses these two and a halfs from lidls just don't seem to do the job anymore.
must admit tho from where I live in darkest Wiltshire(trees and streams fields and old farms and stone built cloth mills-now converted to luxury des rez or trendy posh bars- oh and did I mention blue skys.except for Glastonbury week when it's bound to rain and us locals do laugh)Gateshead looks a tad shall we say interesting.:)

Latest posts

Back