Get Carter Carpark - April 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingElvis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Went and had a look at the Get Carter carpark yesterday in Gateshead, an awesome design in sparkling 1960s concrete. Hello if your were there too.

I won't bore you with the story of the place but it was a treat to be there. As always, off tour access was available to those who can see it and take advantage (The bottom shops, gym and market) :thumb

Access to the cafe was not available :( Visited with squirrel68

IMG_2033_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2045_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2049_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_1997_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2003_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2004_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2010_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2016_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2019_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2026_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2029_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2037_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2039_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2051_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2050_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2094_edited-1640x480.jpg

IMG_2106_edited-1640x480.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
nice one, heard about the 'officially allowed' last visits and wouldnt have minded going if they let you go up the top, soon to be developed by tesco isnt it?:mad: they're taking over the country bit by bit!

I went on sunday as part of the visit, got there about half 9, it opened at 10am, there was a large turn out. Loved the views of Newcastle from there. i also bought a parking ticket for nostalgia 60p for 1 hour now. Nicely done king elvis

I went on sunday as part of the visit, got there about half 9, it opened at 10am, there was a large turn out. Loved the views of Newcastle from there. i also bought a parking ticket for nostalgia 60p for 1 hour now. Nicely done king elvis

Love the parking ticket thing, wish I had done that now :)

there already IS a tesco.

they just want to be bigger, and take out all the little shops that remained in teh outer bit of the trinity centre. gateshead really does have no town centre now!!! :lol:

just a tesco, a bus stn, and erm, a council office LOL.

nice visit

-parking charges - up to 2 hours 20p? how long has this place been shut or is it really that cheap to park up there? Its 70p for half hour here:cry: but I know there are loads more expensive places before I open up a whole can of worms about parking charges :lol:

Jules

Why are there bars only on the top two sections of stairway?

Are all the other floors OK to jump from? lol

can't get enough of this car park - Just love it always have!

Yep, as car parks go this one is great.

The concrete on the upper levels is very rough, makes you wonder if they were ever properly finished :confused:

Nice.Thanks for sharing
Grew up in/around the Tricorn and miss it. So great to see these pics. Theres a big fan base for brutalist Owen Luder architecture, and its gets bigger the more they knock down!!

Nice.Thanks for sharing
Grew up in/around the Tricorn and miss it. So great to see these pics. Theres a big fan base for brutalist Owen Luder architecture, and its gets bigger the more they knock down!!
If I had a time machine I'd love to go back and explore the Tricorn! I was always fascinated by it and its moldering concrete splendor.

Nice.Thanks for sharing

I remember seeing the Tricorn go, it was full and I mean full of pigeons and rats :(

You know every time I look at that picture it makes me sooo mad.. gah those were the days.. 20p!!! man i could cry!!

IMG_2010_edited-1640x480.jpg

Just 10mins walk from here is the house that Micky Caines staying in when he comes outside with the shotgun.I was suprised the row of houses were still standing,but very glad they are....:)

Latest posts

Back