Glendon and rushton railway station

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex76

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Glendon and Rushton station was originally known as Rushton it was opened in 1857 by the Midland Railway on what is now the Midland Main Line. The station was renamed in 1896 when Rushden opened in 1894 a small town with a similar name near wellingborough also in Northants.
The line originally was a line from Leicester to Hitchin and now the main line to London this station was closed on the 4th January 1960

how it looked in its prime

1164604755.jpg

DSCF1990.jpg

DSCF1942.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

DSCF1986.jpg

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1979.jpg

The old ticket hatch

DSCF1976.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1974.jpg

DSCF1968.jpg

DSCF1965.jpg

DSCF1958.jpg

DSCF1955.jpg

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg

DSCF1954.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

DSCF1943.jpg

Unfortunately I could not gain access to the station masters house as CCTV was very much operational
Thanks for looking

Some nice original features still surviving there, hope something is done with it. Interesting that it is built in stone, some of the Leicestershire stations on the line were pretty much identical but built of brick.

brilliant

they are brilliant pics, it was the scareyest one we have done with you pi**in about on the mainl line and me and your mate waiting to hear you scream. you deserve to post them after taking your life in your hands, but how did you find it lol.

yes there was trains wizing past at a rate of knots just kept well clear and my head down well worth it though lovely old building had a mooch round another tonight by the time i found it was too dark and not a lot left will post on this thread what i found at some point tomorrow.:)
i am becoming a bit of an old station junkie now though :mrgreen:

station

oh wow i cant wait to see the next one.we will have to look into going of on the station search after next weekend . there are loads but loads more have gone or turned into homes. love your pics, im proud of you.

Latest posts

Back