Gloucester Fuel Store.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foxy - the site i did the report of is on the other side of the river....

i have been to the one engineer posted the flashearth link of tho, its very overgrown .....there was another nearby, but its all houses now

Fuel store.

Ive already been there, and found the old pump house on Browns golf course, but its empty and is used to store machinary, like mowers and pruning tools etc for the golf course.
There was also a pump house in Shanklin, Ive not found that yet, it may be demo'd.
But Im sure the storage tanks would be somewhere high up, so it would give a bit of head on the way to the pumps then onto France... :confused:

Did some more research, the first pumping station after the fuel arrived on IOW was near Whippance Farm, the 620,000 gallon storage tanks were above ground at Hungerberry Copse, under camo netting.
The Shanklyn pumps were in the wartime ruins of The Royal Spa Hotel.
The Sandown pumps were in the old napoleonic fort at Yaverland, (now Fort Spinney Centre, I think).

Got the info here.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLUTO-Pipe-Line-Under-Ocean-Definitive/dp/0952587602/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223686278&sr=1-1[/ame]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back