Gloucester HAA Battery, Blyth Northumberland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you get excited if I told you there's one in as good condition just outside of Bristol then? :p

there are seven sites around bristol isnt there?, so yeah at least one must be a good 'un. i have some of them plotted on google earth somewhere in a file so will try and do all of them in one day at some point, i am sure one of the sites is something to do with mobile phones now or something like that, could be wrong though

will tap u up for a beer when i come down and need to do that cemetery one evening also :mrgreen:

Cracking report as usual Jonney. I've been itching to see this place in detail. A minor correction though is what you are calling Bofors emplacements are in fact 1943 pattern 3.7 inch emplacements, they are fairly rare.

Cracking report as usual Jonney. I've been itching to see this place in detail. A minor correction though is what you are calling Bofors emplacements are in fact 1943 pattern 3.7 inch emplacements, they are fairly rare.

Cheers for that mate I just assumed they were for bofors guns it is a cracking site though

These look like 1943 design mobile 3.7" emplacements, they are different to standard 1943 design 3.7" emplacements are they not?

There are holdfast bolts shown in the images. I would have thought a mobile emplacement wouldn't have them?

Latest posts

Back