Government Animal Testing Lab, BBSRC

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found a link to planning permission given to this place.

The Huntingdonshire District Council has finally granted planning Permission for residential development at Houghton Grange, nearly ten years after the owner the Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) first promoted the site for housing.

The former poultry research station is situated on the south side of Houghton Road to the west of St Ives, and contains 18,960 square metres of laboratory and research buildings, including Grade II Listed gatehouses and the Listed Grange building, within a parkland setting of protected trees. Since the relocation of the research work to Compton in Berkshire in the late 1980’s the site has stood empty.

The rest of the info is here.

http://www.barfords.co.uk/news.asp?NewsID=59

Just found more info on whats happening

The former Poultry Research Establishment site at Houghton Road, St Ives is to be sold for housing development. The site has a gross area of 28 acres of which 12.84 acres are developable, with the remainder being landscaped grounds and open fields. Located just outside St Ives, to the west of the Golf Club, the opportunity is being marketed by St Neots based Chartered Surveyors and Planning Consultants D H Barford + Co.

The site is being sold with the benefit of planning permission for a high quality housing scheme benefiting from a superb landscaped environment overlooking the Ouse Valley. The centre piece of the development will be the restored and refurbished Houghton Grange, a Grade II Listed Building providing an opportunity for conversion to residential apartments, hotel, restaurant or office use.

http://www.barfords.co.uk/news.asp?NewsID=97

Cheers,

:) Sal

Last edited:
That sucks, have been meaning to go here for ages, the place looks waaaay cool.

Am deffo up for a trip, let me know if anyone interested, time is of the essence!!!

Great stuff, I spend most of my Saturdays here as a kid because my dad worked there. There used to be a swimming pool round the back and a lovely ornamental fishpond.

Check out the site on google earth, theres actually two sites, Lucosis which was nearer to town side is heavily decayed as the council dumped tons of earth in the extrance road, effectivly making the site disappear, I want to try and drag my old man down there at christmas for a wander (might get away with an ex employee in tow) although he might get upset as last time he was there it was beautiful and well tended.

Latest posts

Back