Guess I'm the new girl! =]

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeanJardo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I would pop in and say 'hello'!

I'm from Hereford, but now living on the 'other side of the hills' in Malvern, Worcestershire.

I found your forum when I Google'd 'Maindee Swimming Pool Newport'. I used to be a competitive swimmer, back in the day, and have been looking back at some of the amazing buildings I used to swim at. (When I was 10, I wasn't really taking any notice of the buildings - Somewhat stupidly). I've been looking back at what I missed. Unfortunately, a lot of the places I went to seem to have been demolished or have burnt down!

Anyway, I have some photos I was going to post of Davidstow Airfield, Cornwall. But I see it's already been done a few times! Strange thing is, we were simply going on holiday & had no idea that it existed. It was one of those "Wow, I can't believe we've found something like this!" moments.

However, I'm rambling. I'll leave you with one photo we too at Davidstow, that I'm pretty sure someone has done before, but not with my car .. !!

kennyairfield-1.jpg

Thanks, all! :)

Not sure you were stupid when you were 10! Being a bit harsh on yourself I think! ;)

Welcome to the forum, it's hard to argue with a classic mini owner.

Hi I am also new here but like this site already :D. With few freinds in Norfolk we are trying to LEGALLY take ownership to repair of mills in norfolk. We have already taken LEGAL ownership of Limpenhoe Drainagemill so will hopefully start thread soon and be able to post pics of progress made in restoration. Hi new girl btw I lived longtime in Gwent and worked alot in cotswolds have you been and seen the roman baths in Caerleon there amazing. ( I hope this post is by the rules here. i have read them and have no interest in illegal activity)

Welcome to the forum! :)
You've sussed the art of getting photos up too!
Look forward to more of your pics!

Welcome to the wonderful forum and i would love to the airfield 2 . hope you enjoy your stay here at derelictplaces
my name is George by the way

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome! You're all so kind! :)

I'll sort the Davidstow photos and put them up, then - Hopefully they'll be alright!

The Mini is a daily workhorse - Believe it or not, we've done upwards of 1000 miles in a week in that little thing - crammed full of camping gear & the biggest tent you could possibly fit into a Mini!

kennycamp.jpg

Hope to talk to you all soon & love looking through all of your reports & photos.

Jean xx

Back