Heathrow Gate House/Hotel

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should this Building Be....

• Total voters

TheLondoners

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hiding In An Air-Raid Shelter Until The Heat Dies
Heathrow Gate House/Hotel

Hayes Gate House, also known as Heathrow Gate Hotel in Uxbridge Road, Hayes, has been derelict for more than ten years.

In 1995, Hillingdon Council granted planning permission for it to be turned into a hotel.

But the state of the building has rapidly deteriorated with sprays of graffiti everywhere and most of its windows are smashed.

d7bqc.jpg

2hmeflc.jpg

The Entrance To The Ummmm...Hotel​
24vvguc.jpg

Let's Go To The Reception Area.
25fjcc6.jpg

Seems The Receptionist Is On A Break...Not Sure About Taking The Lift Up.
2nkrrbs.jpg

So This Is The Entrance To My Room...Ok
iof5ac.jpg

The Bathroom Seems A Tad On The Large Side
2co0oyg.jpg

Time To Visit The Penthouse Suite

3bsrp.jpg

I'm Getting A Bit Dizzy Up Here

eflwqv.jpg

2eamk3t.jpg

Ok..I'm Off To Wembley Stadium...Bye All.
2lswrqt.jpg

I do feel sorry for the Turkish family who are now living (squatting) on the top floor as there is no running water, toilet facilities, or electric!

I wasn't going to reply to this as it doesn't really interest me (no disrespect to your report, TL), but I had a look at the poll results and I can't believe that people want to see it demolished with the family still inside?!? :confused:
You really want to see that? With kiddies???
What is wrong with you??? :icon_evil

I wasn't going to reply to this as it doesn't really interest me (no disrespect to your report, TL), but I had a look at the poll results and I can't believe that people want to see it demolished with the family still inside?!? :confused:
You really want to see that? With kiddies???
What is wrong with you??? :icon_evil
WOAHHH....I just created the poll, I didn't vote on it!...Being a Psychologist, I KNEW that would be the way people voted. Some people would take it light-heartedly and some would take it seriously. The voting merely reflects human nature as it is today.

WOAHHH....I just created the poll, I didn't vote on it!...Being a Psychologist, I KNEW that would be the way people voted. Some people would take it light-heartedly and some would take it seriously. The voting merely reflects human nature as it is today.

I wasn't getting at you, TL. I'm just very upset that anyone would vote for that. :(

Last edited:
I wasn't getting at you, TL. I'm just very upset that anyone would vote for that. :(

The hard part is trying to distinguish between those that took it seriously and those who voted it for fun.
if it was demolished with the family still inside, then I guess they could always claim injury and collect many thousands of pounds from the local council which would enable them to be rehoused in their OWN property..lol

This place is amazing, don't knock it down!

Went there last night. I wanted to go up to the top floors regardless of the ominous footsteps and voices, but I must admit that I had to ignore the physical sensation of dread I experienced when I heard them. Hey I'm new at this! My mate and girlfriend unfortunately couldnt ignore it and we decided not to go further. (BAH! GRAAARRRGHRGHRGH). I explained to them that they were probably just the family mentioned in the description, but no.

Anyway:

img8458desktopresolutio.jpg

By charlie2788, shot with Canon EOS 450D at 2009-05-18

img8477desktopresolutio.jpg

img8469desktopresolutio.jpg

img8467desktopresolutio.jpg

img8466desktopresolutio.jpg

img8465desktopresolutio.jpg

img8464desktopresolutio.jpg

We decided to do a bit of light painting:

img8462desktopresolutio.jpg

I know. Our names. Very creative.

img8461desktopresolutio.jpg

cool light painting, it's a charlie-pop :mrgreen: it might've been for the best you didn't go up there, it might have been the family, but then it might not have been!

cool light painting, it's a charlie-pop :mrgreen: it might've been for the best you didn't go up there, it might have been the family, but then it might not have been!

hah, thanks :) i love a bit of light painting, i wasnt particularly creative with it last night unfortunately. and yes you're almost certainly right about it not being a good idea to have ventured further. It would have been reckless and more importantly rude! I was just being bitter and bitchy because I wanted to get up onto the roof for some lovely slow shutter speed cityscapes.

Many thanks for the post. Is this place still around? I want to do some filming for a short film. This place is ideal. How do I get in?

do yourself a favour and pay for a location! leave these to people who genuinelly want to see these buildings

Latest posts

Back