Heaton Track Maintenance Depot..Newcastle, January 2020

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally off topic I know but when we did our long 3 day hike which I might add was the end of November / December my group was dropped off outside Lynton and I had worked out a route that took us across Exmoor to Oakhampton where we camped the night under a railway viaduct then the next day we hit Dartmoor where We started at Yes tor and zigzagged our way down hitting as many tors as possible as that was where we gained the points. We got back to Ashburton on day three and walked around 80 odd miles. Might add my group won and we got the highset number of pints attained on a winter hike. I remember the canvas baked maps because that is what we used for the hike. I was the map compass and map reader. Don't think the other we so good. I jumped off that Bridge at Holne park where we were into the Dart, only was to get the mud off from th ecaving session we had around there somewhere
Great memories for you. Maybe it was the Ten Tors you were doing. What age were you when you did the hike? I'd have been about 11 or 12 when I crossed the moor with my grandfather. And about 15 when, with a school mate, we walked much of the abandoned Lee Moor Tramway. All very much Famous Five and Swallows & Amazons.

Latest posts

Back