Hello from Herts

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - There's a few of us on here from Herts. Have you been doing this a while or are you new?

Joined the best one, I used to work in WGC Sterry Communications...look forward to seeing you bang out the reports soon :)

Good to hear! ah hopefully! recently got myself a new camera aswell so will be testing that out. Couple of questions - I've read that this isn't so much a place to ask for reccomendations/sites to visit. Is it more a case of browsing the threads and googling etc.? - Just the one question actually :)

Good to hear! ah hopefully! recently got myself a new camera aswell so will be testing that out. Couple of questions - I've read that this isn't so much a place to ask for reccomendations/sites to visit. Is it more a case of browsing the threads and googling etc.? - Just the one question actually :)

Exactly that. :)

Keep your eyes open everywhere you go, you'll be amazed what's under your nose. :)

I've remembered what else i was going to ask - There are a couple of places i've found while browsing the forums but of course the locations are not given. Is there anyway of finding where these places are? I have tried google with no luck :(:(

It is entirely possible that they no longer exist, depending of course of the date of the report. Many reports will include information that will allow you to google it. You will find as time goes by that your own research methods will develop and it will get easier. Once you have some reports of your own up and people here get to know you they are more likely to lend you a hand or invite you along if they are in your area :)

Hey, welcome to the forum!
Yeah often we won't put the full name of the place etc. because its a public forum, anyone can see the first post in a thread. This includes security, land owners, vandals, and and thieves. BUT... We are a community. If you get a couple if reports to your name and message people, you'll find thr we often share a lot of info.
Besides the fun bit of what we do is the research. If you hear a rumour, spend hours researching it, then find something yourself - the satisfaction is immense!

Happy sploring!

Welcome aboard. I am sure you will ease in gently, get confidence with the experience you gain and with thoroughly enjoy whatever explore you do. Enjoy the research as it's the added bonus and all a learning curve. Be good.

Welcome, lots locally to explore. I'm also in East Herts :0) (and worked in WGC for 11 years)

Latest posts

Back