Hi all from Falkirk, Scotland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name's Lou
I'm 22 and I work backshift at a Petrol Station.
The only form of exploration I've done is at a small mill/storage unit down Stirling Road, between Camelon and Larbert.
Ever since looking around there, I've longed to explore different old hospitals/asylums/anything.
The main problems being:
1: I can't drive (should be changing soon)
2: I have no idea where to start looking.
That's prettymuch it :)
Hope to hear from some locals soon, who can show me some awesome explorations!!

hay welcome!! you lucky thing you living up there so much to see! happy sploring!

Hi Lou,
There is plenty about, There are 14 reports on here tagged with 'Falkirk' and someone else from Falkirk joined only 4 day ago.
Happy sploring! :)

A lovely part of the world. I was fortunate to stay up there only. Welcome to the site.

Hiya and welcome. There's quite a bit up there, not least around Glasgae! Just mooch this forum and see what you find then don'[t forget Google and Google earth. You'll soon get the nack of finding places though at first it seems like a nightmare!

M

My name's Lou
I'm 22 and I work backshift at a Petrol Station.
The only form of exploration I've done is at a small mill/storage unit down Stirling Road, between Camelon and Larbert.
Ever since looking around there, I've longed to explore different old hospitals/asylums/anything.
The main problems being:
1: I can't drive (should be changing soon)
2: I have no idea where to start looking.
That's prettymuch it :)
Hope to hear from some locals soon, who can show me some awesome explorations!!

well Cuban is up in Stirling some guys up north and a few in the central belt There are a few easy places in Falkirk mate old wrangler factory next to Dennis heading out of the town then you have the old Royal Stirling remains not much but i found then interesting.

back shift a tough one for time me i do nights and days on conti-shifts so my timing changes all the time wich can be tiresome at times :lol:

well Cuban is up in Stirling some guys up north and a few in the central belt There are a few easy places in Falkirk mate old wrangler factory next to Dennis heading out of the town then you have the old Royal Stirling remains not much but i found then interesting.

back shift a tough one for time me i do nights and days on conti-shifts so my timing changes all the time wich can be tiresome at times :lol:

Sorry to say this but the old Wrangler place is away, that's where the Tesco is I work at haha!! :D And the print place next to it is now an empty lot awaiting a KFC and Aldi.
I'll have a look around and see if I can tag along to any places hehe

Just to make a wee request, what sorta tripods do you guys suggest?
I don't have one and feel I should get one.
Would want one that's lightweight and that can be strapped to/carried in my rucksack.
Any suggestions on make/model?

Depends on how much you want to spend, I have a Silk which I use and an old Valbond which I tote round in the car for dirty places. Welcome to the site.:)

Sorry to say this but the old Wrangler place is away, that's where the Tesco is I work at haha!! :D And the print place next to it is now an empty lot awaiting a KFC and Aldi.
I'll have a look around and see if I can tag along to any places hehe

well its been a while since i was there true :lol::lol: . don't tell me the bowling ally opened back up and what about the Iron brew factory ?:lol::lol:

well its been a while since i was there true :lol::lol: . don't tell me the bowling ally opened back up and what about the Iron brew factory ?:lol::lol:

The bowling alley reopened under new management, and it's doing terribly, and the Irn Bru factory (to my knowledge) has been moved to just between Glasgow and Kilsyth, not sure about the building status though (could be an exploration sometime haha)

The bowling alley reopened under new management, and it's doing terribly, and the Irn Bru factory (to my knowledge) has been moved to just between Glasgow and Kilsyth, not sure about the building status though (could be an exploration sometime haha)

well you will just have to leave Falkirk behind as there is plenty more stuff out there :lol:

Hi Lou welcome to the forum I live about 15 miles from Falkirk. Sadly I dont have enough spare time for exploring but I can answer most questions regarding disused airfields, railways, coal mines and outdoor bathing pools in Scotland and some parts of England.

p.s. There is a thread for Bellsdyke Asylum 2008.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back