Hickson and Welch Ltd Chemical Plant, Castleford - 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell mate, I hope there are some on going lawsuits:eek: You mentioned going and asking for a mooch about, the guy in charge of security is an ex employee so you may well know him, he has also written a book all about the history of the site which he sells from the gaurd house, I'm going to pick up a copy at the weekend if he's on shift. Thanks again for the info:)

Yeah I know the guy,got the book. I emailed him today to see if he will let me have access. Let me know if ya going down there. We could meet up. If he lets me in and your with me, then jobs sorted.

Yeah I know the guy,got the book. I emailed him today to see if he will let me have access. Let me know if ya going down there. We could meet up. If he lets me in and your with me, then jobs sorted.

Yeah that would be cool mate, although I'm not sure me being there will help your chances. There was a small inccident including him, me, some pikeys and the police :lol:

Oh shit.:mrgreen: Still. im gunna wait for a reply. I reakon ya need at leats 3 hours to get round it all, at least whats left of it now.
I do know there is still a lot to see and photograph. I have some pics from the 90's when it was a running working plant. I will try and dig them out when I get chance. Will make a good comparison with the pics you took.

So you know Brian personally then? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I didn't know he was called Brian, but we have met:lol: You'll have to put your old pic's in a report if you manage to get in, they sound interesting.

Last edited:
Bloody hell mate, I hope there are some on going lawsuits:eek: You mentioned going and asking for a mooch about, the guy in charge of security is an ex employee so you may well know him, he has also written a book all about the history of the site which he sells from the gaurd house, I'm going to pick up a copy at the weekend if he's on shift. Thanks again for the info:)

Just a bit of info regarding the above I mentioned. Allthough i left in 1998, I still have 6 monthly urine and blood checks paid for by Hicksons. They are bound by Law to give this screening to ex emplyees for life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2516613.stm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back