High Royds Asylum, December 2007

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: High Royds Today (24/12/07)

That sounds about right as its the same everywhere, apartments just laying empty because there is not the demand for them. How long until there is a mysterious fire at High Royds i wonder? :(

Re: High Royds Asylum, 24/12/07

Just to tidy things up, I've merged the two High Royds threads and moved them to the correct forum. It seemed silly to have two threads about the same visit.

In future try to just make one post for each visit and then everyone who was on that trip can post their photos there, It makes things easier to view at a later date.

Cheers, RM

Last edited:

That sounds about right as its the same everywhere, apartments just laying empty because there is not the demand for them. How long until there is a mysterious fire at High Royds i wonder? :(

Weird considering how much the government keeps going on about the need for new housing. Makes you want to start believing in conspiracy theories, especially as they're cohersing certain councils to develop on good agricultural land too. :icon_evil

Weird considering how much the government keeps going on about the need for new housing. Makes you want to start believing in conspiracy theories, especially as they're cohersing certain councils to develop on good agricultural land too. :icon_evil

Yes the main problem is there is a need for new affordable housing, but only expensive apartments are being built!

I love looking at pictures of High Royds, It always looks like it was an amazing looking place in it's hey day (if that's the right word :confused:). Love all the gorgeous tiles around the place, some of which they painted over :icon_evilLove all the panelling that's in there as well.

It's a shame it's not being looked after as well as it should (but the same as a few others that the developers want to be able to demolish :icon_evil). Hopefully they'll see sense and start looking after the old place.

My oldests dad's dad was in there (thankfully long before i ever met him lol) for alcohol related problems. They used to put people in for a type of rehab, and they were sposed to not be allowed to go to the pub at the bottom of the hospital fields. But ex's dad said they always used to get out and go to the pub. According to the ex, he said his dad was in and out of there loads of times. :eek:

:) Sal

Super tour, as all ways, beautiful building so much to see love the bars at the back of admin they give it a great no escape:icon_evil feel. Great report:)

Latest posts

Back