Hippodrome, Derby july 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't directed specifically at you, it's fine. ;)

There's plenty of information on the Hippodrome before fires, during the whole sorry business and after on here if people are interested.

Last edited:
What a sorry state the "old girl" is in now, terrible shame really, not much hope left for her really.

Thanks for sharing your pics, great to see them

Shame to see a great building end up like that, but I must admit I also love the dereliction photos !

What shame this as been allowed to happen I really dont know how people are allowed to get away with this.
Thanks for the pictures and report.

Hi

Its sad to see what has become of the building i used to work for Walkers Bingo Clubs in a past career before i discoverd better money and hours working in IT, thay were based in Wakefield but i beleve the company went under, but lets hope whats left of this building can be saved and the money rasied restore it to its fomer glory.

REgards

Cliff C

Let me have a guess... the land that building is on in the middle of a city is probably worth a fortune? I wonder if that might have anything to do with all the "accidents"?

Scumbags.

Friend of mine told me about the fire but he led me to belive there was very little left.

Thanks for posting.

yep ur rite on both parts:mrgreen:

I think that one is round the horn, no coming back from that sort of damage.

yeh bless her, shes ruined, i grew up 3 streets away and have lived in that area all my life pretty much, i remember going in when it was live, was a stunner of a building,
i also lived next door when the demolition "accidently" begun,
there was another small fire about 3 months ago, fire engines were there when i left work... i don't think the owner will do ANYTHING with it now, he should have criminal chages bought against him for the neglect of the building

There is a lot of hard work going on locally with the Hippodrome Restoration Trust and the local council as well as some well known celebrities to find a viable plan to restore the old place.

Not sure whether it is still in the hands of the original owner or not at present as a lot not made public for various reasons.

However,the campaign is far from over,as the "Old Hippo" is viewed fondly locally and has an unprecedented level of support from most local people.:)

Great to see some more recent pics and it is not as bad in some areas as thought,amazing how the light bulbs and paperwork have survived it all.

Latest posts

Back