hiya from essex

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettyvacant71

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Love the site, ive been lurkin on here for about 2yrs (not in a pervy kinda way, like silently watchin wot ur all upto! but it did feel abit like that! no!) ive had the misfortune of having a dongal the last 2 yrs so i cant do much, uploading just aint happenin.
But now ive got broadband, im wonderin if its just me, this crap weather or im just doomed for a life of hardships (yeah ok it cud be alot worse!, and it has been! id be a dung beetle if karma had its way) but i was looking forward to just clickin here and there and bosh, pics online, but no, more annoying stuff keeps happening, like ive got so near to posting my first report and then photobucket freezes, i cant get off the page, no refresh i cant move, i cant open another tab i cant do anything other than shut down and start again.
I go online at silly hrs hoping its not too busy, just now again i was nearly there and it just froze again...is there any way of saving the post that your trying to write before you upload it here?? Cause then i cud start from where i left off as its doin my head in keep doin the same thing and getting so near then gettin nowhere! By the time i do manage to post anything the place will prob be flattened and replaced by a block of faceless flats. Shall i just keep on trying or does anyone know if theres anything i can do to lessen the chances of a freeze?? Cheers folks, im gona have one more try now cause me sadistic streek is gettin the better of me, i don't want to be beaten by this frustrating wotever it is! I may be back! laters dudes.

Welcome along to DP :)

I wouldn't say it was anything to do with being on a dongle or an issue with your Broadband. To me it sounds like your computer isn't coping with what you are trying to do (overload on your CPU).

My suggestion, uninstall everything that you don't use on the computer. Don't have a million tabs open at once and maybe use Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer if your not all ready - it's a little bit quicker than IE.

Although you can't save a post for later, what you can do is copy everything in the text box into Microsoft Word, Note Pad or any other text based document that you have on your computer and save it on your system. Then when your ready to try again, just copy it back into the forums text box and your done.

Anyway, hope that helps you out a little bit and if anything don't work, just get in touch with your Broadband provider and they will be able to let you know more about that end of things.

:)

yeah wot your sayin makes sense, that CPU bit it sometimes sounds like my hard drive is tryin to take off into orbit, it makes sum really loud whirring noises and dont sound too happy then it freezes and i loose eveything...im gona give it a go saving it in word then copying into the post. I only have 2 tabs open DP and photobucket i use google but not the chrome so will try and download that, cheers mate for takin the time out to answer cause its so frustrating wen computers get the better of you!

Welcome!! Where abouts in Essex are you based?

im in that dark danky part of braintree...ive been to a few good sites in essex but im havin so much crap tryin to post anything, im also mad enough to travel pretty far if i see a place that looks good, like whittinghams on me todo list wen i get the petrol! you gota suffer sumtimes for your art innit!

thanks to everyone whos replied its very decent of ya all!:) im gona win the battle between me and my laptop, if i had abit of spare dosh i would lob this piece of shite outa the window and stick two fingers up at it as it hits the deck....god i sound very angry!! breath

Latest posts

Back