HMSO Sovereign House. Norwich. Permission visit. Dec 12

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been derelict for 16 years? I know it's seen better days but I'm surprised its not worse.

It was in a fairly good state believe you me. Even the spiral staircase was in good nick!. 1960's concrete for you I guess!:sick:

Will have to direct my brother to this post, he worked in HMSO at Sovereign House from the mid 1970's and later at St Crispins, till his retirement, as HMSO Controller, in the 1990's :)

Will have to direct my brother to this post, he worked in HMSO at Sovereign House from the mid 1970's and later at St Crispins, till his retirement, as HMSO Controller, in the 1990's :)

Wow, it's always good to hear from someone who has a relative who worked at a site that I've explored. Thanks John.:);)

Ask him why it has curved corridors when it's a square building ;)

Ask him why it has curved corridors when it's a square building ;)
Suggest you put that question to the architects responsible ;)
quote:- ' Sovereign House Glass and concrete office block, built in 1968 to a design by Norwich-based architects Alan Cooke & Partners, which towers over Anglia Square. Until the mid-1990s it housed offices of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (HMSO)'

Out of interest I wonder if it has, like other 'Sovereign Houses' (Hertford for one) built in the 1960's, some sort of bunker in the basement? :GEEK: Perhaps that is something my brother might know. ;)

Suggest you put that question to the architects responsible ;)
quote:- ' Sovereign House Glass and concrete office block, built in 1968 to a design by Norwich-based architects Alan Cooke & Partners, which towers over Anglia Square. Until the mid-1990s it housed offices of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (HMSO)'

Out of interest I wonder if it has, like other 'Sovereign Houses' (Hertford for one) built in the 1960's, some sort of bunker in the basement? :GEEK: Perhaps that is something my brother might know. ;)

Your brother is?

Back