House of the Damned. January 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, sadly places like this DO get condemned because of lack of sanitation. Naturally, there are no grants available to MAKE them habitable, and in due time, after abandonment, there is a good chance that the title to the place and the land will be assumed by the local authority - nice work if you can get it!

Beautiful introduction and a great set. Thank you

Oh my goodness these are beautiful! Small and cramped?...looks perfect size to me, and no road...heaven! So presumably there was a privy somewhere at some point though, she can't have crapped in the woods for years. And places get condemned as not fit for habitation for not having a bathroom?? Did not know that, how ridiculous..surely it's your choice if you want to wash in the sink? But fantastic photos, esp the hanging flower curtain lump things in the window and the telly wellie one thank you I really enjoyed that :)

I imagine there was a road at some point or at least a track for horses decades ago. The lump thing hanging in the window was fascinating. Basically it is a hook with all the persons receipts, shopping lists etc hooked on over a couple of decades, I sat reading through some then carefully hooked them back on...the building itse;f is structurally quite good and could be renovated - if anyone actually knew it was there!
Once again cheers for the positive comments people :)

Back