Industrial Decay, St. Vincent, W.I.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Industrial Decay, St. Vincent, W.I. -various locations

Whilst touring around the Island, there were many old abandoned Plantations, as well as the buildings & structures associated with past Industrial activities on St. Vincent.

Here's just a sample of them (there were lots more!) :)

IMG_1278.png

IMG_1279.png

IMG_1339.png

IMG_1340.png

IMG_1341.png

IMG_1343.png

IMG_1342.png

IMG_1344.png

IMG_1345.png

IMG_1346.png

IMG_1347.png

IMG_1348.png

IMG_1349.png

IMG_1350.png

Some interesting history can be found here for the Makers of the old wheel.....

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/files/Section_10.pdf

That's ya lot -ta for looking :)

Last edited:
Nice pics LB :) If you had the time you could have taken a cutlass and volunteered to clear all the bush from the site :mrgreen: Each island in the West Indies had various plantations, primarily just sugar and later on cocoa + coffee, so you still find remnants of the old factories and refineries all over the place. It is surprising at times to see just how many used to be in existance. Sadly these relics of the past are fast disappearing. I've never been to St. Vincent but you seem to have really enjoyed yourself there. Did you have any beastly cold Hairoun :question: :lol:

Nice pics LB :) If you had the time you could have taken a cutlass and volunteered to clear all the bush from the site :mrgreen: Each island in the West Indies had various plantations, primarily just sugar and later on cocoa + coffee, so you still find remnants of the old factories and refineries all over the place. It is surprising at times to see just how many used to be in existance. Sadly these relics of the past are fast disappearing. I've never been to St. Vincent but you seem to have really enjoyed yourself there. Did you have any beastly cold Hairoun :question: :lol:

Ah yes, it only seemed right to sample some of the local "produce", thus supporting the Island's economy ;)
Talking of cutlass's -watch this space..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back