Industrial Inaction - Wolverhampton

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartacus

Reaction score
Suppose having joined, I'd better earn my keep! :lol:

This is an area real close to the City Centre, with Railway Arches one side, and a canal on the other.

It's always been a grim sort of place, but since the factories, etc. have gone from the site it seems even more bleak.

No doubt with the current economic climate, we are going to see a lot more of these landscapes... sad really.

Inside the factory, as my eyes adjusted to the pitch black, a lone toothless tramp was sat there as quiet as a mouse. I don't scare easily, but I quite near sh*t myself on the spot!!

He offered me a guided tour of the factory, but as they say in the newspapers, "I made my excuse and buggered off!" :mrgreen:

Now then, let's see if I've done the photo thing right.... :confused:

arches1.jpg

arches2.jpg

arches13.jpg

arches4.jpg

arches3.jpg

arches11.jpg

arches12.jpg

arches14.jpg

arches5.jpg

arches10.jpg

arches6.jpg

arches7.jpg

arches9.jpg

arches8.jpg

arches16.jpg

arches15.jpg

Last edited:
Great start there Spartacus...that first shot so reminds of the opening scene in The Full Monty,where they step across the old cortina...well done fella.look forward to seeing more from you:)

This is the former Baths / Canteen - Later Reception / Offices building of the Crane Foundry. Its a pity there's not more of the actual works left.

This is the former Baths / Canteen - Later Reception / Offices building of the Crane Foundry. Its a pity there's not more of the actual works left.

Crane as in the makers of iron fittings for the pipe fitting industry?

I thought it may have been a foundry, oddly enough, as I'm sure I spotted a couple of moulds when rummaging.

cracking photos, like the look of that place but I'd be too chicken to do a lone splore on it !
Looks like theres been a fire upstairs, is it accessable? apart from the security-tramp ! :lol:

T

cracking photos, like the look of that place but I'd be too chicken to do a lone splore on it !
Looks like theres been a fire upstairs, is it accessable? apart from the security-tramp ! :lol:

T

Chicken? You should have heard the funny noise I made when I set eyes on him!!!

Sort of accessible, thanks to the local Chav Militia...:p

All those arches might be worth an explore. I bet they have seen some life in their day :)

Something beautiful about their ugliness. I can't begin to imagine the work that went into building them.

If I get there again, especially with some company, I'll do a more thorough exploration of them.:)

Wolverhamton.

I've walked and cycled the 13 miles Wolves to Brum many times, so much to see.
Very emotive pics.

Latest posts

Back