Lydden Spout Deep Level Shelter

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome report again mate, the descent down into the shelter was nerve wracking to sat the least but soooo glad we did it !!...Some cracking pics mate !! Nice one !...On the subject of the plotting room i totally share the sentiments on here i saw the plotting room when the tributes were left 12-15 months ago and it really moving and going back the other Sunday seeing the state of it broke my heart...i share outkasts comments if i got hold of the s**mbags that did stuff like this id be looking at a spell at Her Majs pleasure !!

What is it with these ****** ******* who have to smash up everything they see, I swear to god if I had caught them.

So sad as it was in those older photos - so sad as it is now - for very different reasons.

glad you got in there priority 7, this one place not many venture in to. hows that entrance now? even the views just outside are worth a pic alone :)
glad me an outkast got into (even though was now a couple of years ago) the plotting room. we only now have the pics of what the shrine was like.

Been thinking on this one quite a bit as am disgusted with what's has happened here as so very disrespectful
I am in two minds to contact the local paper as a story here to be told and not a nice one at that
I'm honestly not a great lover of press attention, But it could shows that we do is genuinely document what can be gone forever tomorrow
& scope for a positive outlook in what we do and share .
Would you guys be willing to allow the use of photos if asked?

EDIT
In fact forget my last as they would just seal it all up and didn’t think it through fully SK :)

Last edited:
glad you got in there priority 7, this one place not many venture in to. hows that entrance now? even the views just outside are worth a pic alone :)
glad me an outkast got into (even though was now a couple of years ago) the plotting room. we only now have the pics of what the shrine was like.

Have any of you guys got closer shots of the photos I may be able to reproduce them and upscale them so we could try and put some of them back

I apologise if my language offended anyone, this sort of thing just makes my blood boil :neutral:

No probs and it makes mine boil too. For what it's worth we signed up to the "Urbexers Against Vandalism" site to show how we feel. To be honest thoigh as a site it's more a gesture than anything likely to make a difference in the immediate future but I'm hoping they are going to take the site a stage further.

Have any of you guys got closer shots of the photos I may be able to reproduce them and upscale them so we could try and put some of them back

i don't think i have, i'll have to look over the weekend. i'll chat to outkast about it as i'm seeing him. would be good to get A1 poster size pics of outkasts and stick them on the wall, where the original photos were in the plotting room, if you know what i mean.as for the book, surpose thats gone/trashed?

I think they are the only pics I have, but if anyone wants to use them for anything then be my guest :)

Hey outkast I am guessing you used a DSLR any chance you have the original jpg or better still raw's? I may be able to do something with them

Hey outkast I am guessing you used a DSLR any chance you have the original jpg or better still raw's? I may be able to do something with them

Yes a canon dslr, PM me your email and I will send the originals over, unfortunely they are not in raw:)

Now this is true Urbex - I've seen the descent down the cliff to the entrance, and it is not pretty! Risking life and limb for an explore... ;)

Sorry don't like bumping my threads but just wondered if anyone had had any luck with photos of the photos in the plotting room shrine I managed to find one online and this is what I managed from it:

Original

lyddenbef001.png

Crop

Capture.png

Final

lydden001.jpg

Its a little grainy but its better than nothing I hope you agree

Nicely done. It's great to see stuff from places that are so near to me. I've only just noticed that urbexdad is a fellow Folkestonian!

Seriously guys, if you're down this way again, hit me up, I'd be honoured!

A very humbling and honourable thing to do :)
stand firm and man the palisade and rack up both barrels with rock salt.:mad:

We cant change the world ,,but we can assist in helping documenting it, in our own way.
Let the splore wagons roll :)

Never mind the rock salt I'd rather use fleshette rounds or SSg :icon_evil

Latest posts

Back