Manchester Victoria disused premises

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK421

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first post on this forum, hope its OK. I took these photos a while ago, but have only just got round to sorting them out. As you enter Manchester Victoria station (from the city centre) there is a lovely old disused premises within the station buildings on the left hand side of what is oddly known as 'cigar alley'. It was originally a bank, but its last use was an arcade (I think), it has lain unused for at least 10 years. My visit was with work, but I thought you might find the inside interesting none the less. The original building was contructed in 1909 by William Dawes, the 4 floors are largely unused, I have some photos of the disused office if anyones interested. Anyway, enough of the waffle, on with the photos:

A scan of the station frontage, the bank can be seen on the corner:

img176.jpg

The entrance as it is now from inside:

DSC_0546.jpg

The main area with parquet flooring which has seen better days:

DSC_0544.jpg

Various rooms with funky wallpaper:

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

There is a cellar to this property, but alas I had no torch, was in a suit, and rather disturbed by the large amount of rat droppings so rather than venture down there I did the butch thing and wimped out!!

If you are interested in the history of the station, the front cover at the top of this thread is from a good book, which I recommend.

Thanks for looking

In the last picture it looks like someone couldn't remove something from the wall & just papered round it, leaving an original patch of wallpaper.

Always like that building, walked past it many times.

800px-Manchester_Victoria_Station.jpg

Pic from Wiki.

B ;)

Glad you like them photos, and thanks for the message KE, I will join in a few days if that OK, off to Germany tomorrow, busy busy busy!!.

Cheers for now

Latest posts

Back