Manor B 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Built in 1870 for the Spurrell family, who had farming connections in Suffolk going back over 500 years, the house originally had 52-acres but this has now been reduced to a more manageable five. The house remained in the Spurrell family until the last member died in 1952. It was then bought by Robert Gamble who eventually found maintenance a significant challenge which was compounded by a poor quality roof repair which failed leading to massive water damage to part of the house, including the collapse of sections of the second floor.

frontage by M D Allen, on Flickr

stairs by M D Allen, on Flickr

bed by M D Allen, on Flickr

landing by M D Allen, on Flickr

floor by M D Allen, on Flickr

upside by M D Allen, on Flickr

Hall by M D Allen, on Flickr

living-room by M D Allen, on Flickr

roof-light by M D Allen, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ooh, that floor looks nice and safe, great photos fella :)

Great find MD,just a matter of time before the Potters manor morons find this and wreck it even more.

Klemps its been on the radar for a while I think its been saved as most of the contents have been gone for a while and its a little off the beaten track to be worth some peoples effort

Klemps its been on the radar for a while I think its been saved as most of the contents have been gone for a while and its a little off the beaten track to be worth some peoples effort

I was gonna say this has been on the 'net for a few months or more.

Nice one MD. Had a feeling you were our way recently. Bessie is a serious cool explore and you had some guts getting up onto that top floor I'll say!! Very well done.:)

Whoa Whoa whoa.... Hold your horses... You went upstairs?!
I slept on the floor in Chernobyl itself for 4 days, but you wouldn't catch me being that insane! I've been in there and wouldn't stand on a chair!!
Hats off for documenting the place so well, although I now certify you insane!
Nice one :)
Oh and well done for finding it! :p

Whoa Whoa whoa.... Hold your horses... You went upstairs?!
I slept on the floor in Chernobyl itself for 4 days, but you wouldn't catch me being that insane! I've been in there and wouldn't stand on a chair!!
Hats off for documenting the place so well, although I now certify you insane!
Nice one :)
Oh and well done for finding it! :p

You had fun getting in though X !!

You had fun getting in though X !!

Was a wicked explore. Notice MD has changed the name: TBH you could give postcode and directions and no one would find it.
Must admit tho after I put my report up I had loads of messages "wow how do you break into there, my band wants to do a photoshoot" etc.
Glad you saw this report shuck, you'll understand the insanity.
I can't even remember Neil F's username on here but I know he took a bad, bad fall through that floor. :(

Latest posts

Back