Millendreath Waterside Complex, June '08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...do ask you to read this as I feel it should be said...

Quite right, too! Thanks for the extra info and I know exactly how you feel, as a similar thing is happening in the town where I live, Seaton, another seaside town. I was going to write a whole load of invective about the government and greedy developers, but it's all been said before so I won't! :mrgreen: However, there does seem to be a nationwide initiative to get rid of any kind of traditional way of life, including the humble seaside holiday. I wish you luck with any resistance towards those horrendous plans. Oh, and welcome to DP, btw. :)

millendreath in defence of.......

hi maggie, thanks for your input, if you go back to your post and amend it you can delete the 'quote' part from the text leaving just the point you wanted to make, (hope this helps) I had heard plenty of rumours about this place, as still only live a few miles away myself and have family / friends who have lived in looe their whole life, now what parts of what I'd heard were true I dont know, hence the vagueness of the report, I do try to keep things as real as possible and report the facts I know, most which had been reported by local newspapers, but anything else I could have added would have been speculation I'm afraid, when looking for info it seemed there was a lot of local ill feeling about the site from residents, which is understandable, so thanks for having your say, Like I said in my original post - "with the cornish tourist industry being what it is I hope it's not long before this place is filling kids heads with happy memories once more..."
and I still stand by that...

Lycos.

Hey that looks interesting, by the time it's sorted the kids will have grown and peaceful jollies are back:)

War zone

Its funny when i saw your shots, i too saw this sad scene when i went to the little holiday place called MILLENDREATH. When we first cast our eyes on it we nearly fainted, it looked like something from the far east battle zone, it had not looked quite like that thirty years ago my wife sobbed, but after the shock passed we settled into our new home for a week and i guess it grew on us,we even got the owners cat thrown in for the stay. Yet it still retained the magic of years gone buy, even tho their was no were to get a pint, but we still really enjoyed it. I did wonder tho, how the new consortium is going too get round the owners who did not want to sell there shalleys i wonder what trick they will pull out ,anyway we might even go again this year thanks tho for the pics it broughtback good memories. BRIAN CHARLES:)

Last edited:
looking at some old holiday pics remided me of this thread, so I had a fish around on tinternet. it seems the development plan was approved here (item 12)
Although in todays financial crisis, bet it doesn't get far.

Just been to this place today, was hoping to see some improvement - but alas nothing.

I first stumbled across this place 10 years ago in '99, when I was staying on the Holiday site at the top of the lane. It would of been October & the place looked a bit of a mess even back then.

I would love to buy the site. I feel that there is no need to make it a multi-million pound project because in my mind it should be kept relitively simple. For example, restore the bit on the front back into a bar & entertainment centre & the other, newer complex into an indoor fun centre for kids & adults like a couple of pools etc. Render all the holiday shalets & paint white, then on the large green put about 25 mobile homes/static caravans. Simplez.

I'm very interested to know when the place was built & would love to see photos of it being built & in it's hey day.

Latest posts

Back