Mundford ROC Post, Norfolk Group July 10

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinchItIn

Reaction score
Explored with Stuck247

Site: Mundford ROC Post, Norfolk Group, Norwich 47
Opened: November 1961
Closed: September 1991

This Post is in a fully enclosed compound. Its external features were found to be in a reasonable condition apart from the damage to the hasps on both access shaft hatches. Surprised to find it open as Subbrit says it was locked,so I was expecting to only get above ground photo's.
Located in the compound is a second bunker/shelter which was constructed by ROC members during operational days as an exercise in bunker/shelter building.(courtesy of subbrit)
An Ex-army radio truck body is at the back of the compound which looked like their cooking and storage area. Also a Aircraft observation post overlooks the surrounding fields.

After getting back to my base and doing further research, I have found out that the post has been up for sale since 2002. Also the damage was done around 2007, before a fellow explorer and the post owner went for an orgainised visit and discovered the theft and vandalism.

MUNDFORDROCJULY10013.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10046.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10029.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10034.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10036.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10037.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10033.jpg

This was a first for me to see
MUNDFORDROCJULY10025.jpg

Siren crate
MUNDFORDROCJULY10017.jpg

FSM
MUNDFORDROCJULY10011.jpg

Vent
MUNDFORDROCJULY10012.jpg

Ex-Army radio truck body
MUNDFORDROCJULY10001.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10007.jpg

Second bunker/ shelter
MUNDFORDROCJULY10050.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10051.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10053.jpg

Jerry Can & Battery
MUNDFORDROCJULY10056.jpg

Aircraft Observation post
MUNDFORDROCJULY10009.jpg

MUNDFORDROCJULY10070.jpg

Compound Gate
MUNDFORDROCJULY10071.jpg

Thanks for looking
Barney

What an excellent site with loads of interesting stuff, I'm soooooooo jealous :p

Seriously luxurious ROC Post too.....never seen a heater and a six way light switch in a ROC Post before :eek:

Seriously luxurious ROC Post too.....never seen a heater and a six way light switch in a ROC Post before :eek:

Thanks Hal, I was well impressed too.
This post has at least 10 light fittings and as many plug sockets in and around the compound which seem to have been run off a small generator that appears to have once been housed in the underground shelter.

Barney

Latest posts

Back