Murphy's Laws

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Haltin

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Murphy's Laws
If anything can go wrong, it will.
And even if it can't go wrong, it still will.
Everything goes wrong all at once.
Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.
Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious

MURPHY'S MILITARY LAWS
1. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
2. No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
3. Friendly fire isn't.
4. The most dangerous thing in the combat zone is an officer with a map.
5. The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy has already mined it.
6. The buddy system is essential to your survival, it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
7. The further you are in advance of your own positions, the more likely your artillery will shoot short.
8. Incoming fire has the right of way.
9. If your advance is going well, you are walking into an ambush.
10. The quartermaster has only two sizes, too large and too small.
11. If you really need an officer in a hurry, take a nap.
12. The only time suppressive fire works is when it is used on abandoned positions.
13. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
14. There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take a shot at you, and miss.
15. Don't be conspicuous. In the combat zone, it draws fire. Out of the combat zone, it draws sergeants.
16. If your sergeant can see you, so can the enemy.
17. Any order that can be misunderstood has already been misunderstood.

Something to cheer you up. Feel free to copy and paste for your own use.

Last edited:
If you read the words at the bottom it mentions Murphy. I was a quote from a book on Physics written by a scientist at Cornell uni. I installed some of the equipment he had purchased off the company I used to work at and met him. When people read the quote at work they all had a jibe at me over it. The reason is because my Nickname is Murphy so reading Murphy's law always makes me smile and think of the quote

I used to have a book titled "The Unofficial Rules" containing Murphy's Law and many others. I don't think the military ones were in, although it was a long time ago so I might have forgotten. Love those. :)

That's odd. I don't know. It made me sign in again and change my password, because it wouldn't accept the old one, and it signed me out. Computers hate me. Well, I can put it back... I hope.
I have found oddities with this forum: I got a "Bad Gateway" once, and while viewing pictures on a thread it suddenly kicked me out and took me back to the desktop. Not frequent oddities but, strange nevertheless.

Back