New Parks Boys School, Leicester - April 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie87

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
New Parks Boys school was built sometime around the early 1950's, to serve the newly built New Parks Estate and surrounding area. It was joined to the girls school, which was a mirror image of the boys school buildings. The boys and girls schools merged in 1981 to become New Parks Secondary School, which was later renamed New Parks Community College. In 1999 Leicester City Council closed a load of schools in the city, they also merged my school and another with New Parks. We were moved from our fairly decent old school to the dingy buildings of New Parks, which although they had been refurbished were still pretty horrible. A year or two before I left the old boys buildings ended up being abandoned and boarded off from the former girls school which remained in use. This year the buildings have finally started to be demolished, unfortunately they had already been mostly stripped out by the time we got there. Bit of a shame as it had been boarded up with the contents left exactly as I remember it, did manage to find a massive stash of 1950's/60's/70's paperwork though! :)

Main Staircase by Goldie87, on Flickr

Yr 9 Form by Goldie87, on Flickr

Photo by Goldie87, on Flickr

Maths Corridor by Goldie87, on Flickr

Science Room by Goldie87, on Flickr

Register by Goldie87, on Flickr

Library by Goldie87, on Flickr

Round by Goldie87, on Flickr

Hall by Goldie87, on Flickr

Side Stairs by Goldie87, on Flickr

Stripping Out by Goldie87, on Flickr

Music Room by Goldie87, on Flickr

Cones by Goldie87, on Flickr

Evening Insitute by Goldie87, on Flickr

Hooks by Goldie87, on Flickr

Gym by Goldie87, on Flickr

Report by Goldie87, on Flickr

skylight by Goldie87, on Flickr

Cheers, just pretty gutted I hadn't bothered checking the place out sooner cos I know it would have been much more intact a few weeks earlier!

Latest posts

Back