Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss85-uk

Reaction score
Hi new member here I have joined here for my daughter who is 17 and doing a photography course in college. She loves to take photos of derelict/abandoned places and I love to know the history on them. We have been to quite a few different places in and out of Essex including an old care home, north Weald fort, shoeburyness fort, a chapel in lt bentley, a burnt house in frating, a derelict care home and we’re just looking for more ideas on places close to Colchester, essex that are empty that she can go photograph as I work a lot and she don’t drive so need to be able to fit things in around her college and my work, so any suggestions would be great

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you're an excellent team. Enjoy!

I found a map of a few more creepy and abandoned buildings in the Essex area for you and your daughter to explore.
https://www.shothotspot.com/lists/photo-locations/creepy-buildings-in-essex-uk

I've not had much success with that site before (Lancashire area searches). Has it worked out well for you in the past? Many places were marked miles away, photos mixed with wrong locations, blank titles, most places from ages ago and demolished, broken image tiles, etc. Maybe it just depends on whether you've got good contributors in your area or not?

Back