Old bell hotel derby-november 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have an idea how long the place had been abandoned (d*mn, bad english haha).
It seems to be abandoned for such a long time... or better said: I looks like the upstairs part of this building has never been tidied of cleaned or cared for!

nice report, love the deail info about the history!

It's been abandoned since may bank holiday time, it was a family member of a close friend involved in the tragic incident, it's a shame, everyone used to go there even tho it was grotty it Has seen some awesome evenings, and bands
It fell to totally the wrong kind of management in the end ......
I'm glad to see it closed to be honest and I'd feel wrong derping it myself but it has been crying out or someone to take a look

Thank you for that! I had no idea it had closed - hells bells, I loved that place in my younger days! Game of pool, a pint of snakebite and 20 menthols and I was set for the night! That's made me v sad that it's in such a state now :(
Awesome pics though - sterling work!

Following on from my thread on The Old Bell Hotel,Derby,People may be pleased to see that the place has been saved and is to be restored by a local businessman.He should be highly commended and it is heartening to see when so many listed buildings are left to rot or are otherwise destroyed.

Please check out the link from the Derby Evening Telegraph as follows for the full story http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/O...ump-pound-1m/story-18190448-detail/story.html

that's in saddler gate? i worked in a shop opposite back in the mid 90's - all the buildings in that street had crazy old spooky attics! i remember bank holiday all-dayers there too.

Nice report...wow i didn't realise that mock tudor was put up in the 1920s!

I was poking my nose through them broken lead windows around nov '12 wondering how to get in:mrgreen:

Saw some pints still left on the bar so thanks for filling in the gaps;)

Had a pint in there with the lady I have two children with now on the night we first met. Think my Dad had his first ever job there too in the early 70s.

Had a pint in there with the lady I have two children with now on the night we first met. Think my Dad had his first ever job there too in the early 70s.

I think it's great when people have memories from the past and associations with buildings when they pop up.

Latest posts

Back