Old Hospital Pictures.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only bolinbrooke hospital i know of is along wandsworth common and still very much open as far as im aware.

great set of postcards!

i went past Bolingbroke hospital near clapham south london last week and from what someone local told me the council want to do the usual luxury flats conversion .i wonder has anyone done an explore there yet ?

oooh has it closed now? wasnt much of a hospital when i took people therewhen i nwas mini-cabbing.

that one of broomfield [hope thats right from memory], the huge white thing with round bits] is amazing.

3rd London Hospital

In the original post, the last postcard image is of the Royal Victoria Patriotic Asylum, built in 1858 as an orphanage for girls whose fathers died in the Crimea. It became a hospital during First World War (I think I'm right) and a hospital/prisoner of war internment place in the Second. There is a rumour (not corroborated- yet) that there is a tunnel under Trinity Road to Wandsworth Prison opposite where captured spies were interrogated. Now called the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, it is apartments, offices, workshops, a hall, drama college, restaurant and cafe. I used to have an office there myself a few years ago. There is a fabulous chapel on the site, converted to an office, which was for sale/lease a few months back.

Latest posts

Back