Prison on the Hill - Canada (July, 2013)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerm IX

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
***Edited and removed this text. It had to be done.***

Please don't just check out the photos here, there is so very much good stuff to check out on the blog post, including a description of my own personal interactions with the infamous Millbrook Nine murderer. Come on in my friends...

http://jermalism.blogspot.ca/2011/09/abandonment-issues-prison-on-hill.html

IMG_6103 by jerm IX, on Flickr

Millbrook Correctional Centre by jerm IX, on Flickr

The Millbrook Correctional Centre was commonly referred to by inmates and criminals as The Brook. It opened in 1957, at which time it was known as the Millbrook Reformatory. For decades it was Ontario's only maximum security incarceration facility. It housed provincially sentenced male inmates serving a deuce less (two years less a day) that were deemed unmanageable in other jails.

IMG_0907 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1054 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1008 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1063 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1010 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0955 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0879 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0945 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0852 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0753 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1086 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1099 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0780 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_1067 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0904 by jerm IX, on Flickr

IMG_0881 by jerm IX, on Flickr

jerm IX locked up by jerm IX, on Flickr

Last edited:
How in Gods name can the authorities expect to correct offenders behaviour in a hellish place like that? Surely we know better than to intimidate them by those surroundings and putting guys with such mental attitudes together. NEVER INFLAME THE FRAGILE They can only respond with violence and you create monsters.

I should have added, Thanks for a look at the dark side.
A great post, beautiful if disturbing pictures.
May the rest of your life be equal to the insite you have provided. Thank you. Jim

Can't believe I missed this! (Currently playing catch-up with your website updates mind!)

Awesome shots and outstanding write up on your site! Cheers for sharing this one with us, much appreciated! :)

Latest posts

Back