R.I.P Annesley Colliery Bathhouse

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well James, I went back again last night, and took a few more pics. The tower that housed the clock has now gone as well. :( the top floor has all gone now, but the curved structure of the front of the ground floor was still there last night. But, I'm sure that will be gone when i go back later on when Mendo gets home. :( :cry:

Here's a few more pics from last night showing the tower now gone. :(
(please excuse some of them, it was windy and had all on trying to stay upright lmao).
DSCF2937.jpg

DSCF2942.jpg

DSCF2943.jpg

DSCF2947.jpg

Directly above this curved structure was where the clock tower used to be. :cry:cry
DSCF2950.jpg

Forgot to say, there was no sign at all of any of the lockers, so they must have put them all in that huge skip thing. :(

Smiley isn't smiley now. :(

:( Sal

And thus dies the last traces of the people who worked at Annesley colliery...

Does anyone know if the headstocks are going and when?

Not heard anything about the headstocks as yet mate. Was talking to a couple of locals last night, and they said they thought they were keeping the bathhouse, :confused: (But i'd read a while ago they were going to demolish them - even though i would prefer the bath house building to be re-used as the heritage centre, which would be the best thing to do).

:( Sal

The inevitable despoilation by the heathen council.

I hate heritage centres because they usually have f-all relevant or interesting to say, just the usual kids stuff and comic book history.

:mad:

Back