RAF Newton

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it still possible to visit Newton as I believe its now headquarters for the Highways agency for the construction of the A46? I am a model looking to shoot on location and this would be fantastic! Cheers :)

Sorry Brambleyapple we don't really allow that kind of request for information here. Please check the forum rules.

Sorry, came on here being friendly just out of interest! Didn't think I would be jumped on on my first post! No worries - Will now remove myself from site!

Sorry, came on here being friendly just out of interest! Didn't think I would be jumped on on my first post! No worries - Will now remove myself from site!

bramleyapple its not about being unfriendly towards new people, all forums have rules and alot of people put time and effort in to researching and finding new site, by all means stay and use the search facility to find new sites that u may find interesting to shot at but then do your own research and find a way in, alot of photographers use these types of sites to find new places but they just sit in the background looking

u never know u might get in to the whole exploring and find some stuff to post :)

Hi

Hi Bramley a.
As has already been said there are certain rules to the forum that have to be follwed for various reasons.
If you descided to hang around you will realise why and we all benifit from it in the long run.
No ones jumping on you,just get your self over to the introductions and introduce yourself.
That a good place to start and it soon picks up from there.
You realy wont find a freindlier site than here on DP.
Hope to see youre post on thr intro`s soon.
Have a merry christmas & happy new year
SK :)

Losttom
i must have missed this when you first posted,so im glad its come up again.
Looks a great explore,

SK :)

Last edited:
Back in 1993 I visited this place for work when it was live. It was RAF Police Dog training school back then.

Great post

Hi chaps. Well done to the OP for some great photos, they brought back so many good memories of when I was there back in 1979 - 1980. It seems so strange to see all the places I used to go all derilict and overgrown. I would love to see some photos of the 'H' blocks as they are now, especially the one nearest to the road that goes past the main gate, as that was the one where I was billeted.

Is this not the same place that is being used by a construction company to build the a46? If so how did no one see you if it was recent?

Is this not the same place that is being used by a construction company to build the a46? If so how did no one see you if it was recent?

Yes it is being used as a base by the contractors who are widening the A46. No one saw us because we used our epic elite ninja skills, same as we would anywhere else :mrgreen:

Hi chaps. Well done to the OP for some great photos, they brought back so many good memories of when I was there back in 1979 - 1980. It seems so strange to see all the places I used to go all derilict and overgrown. I would love to see some photos of the 'H' blocks as they are now, especially the one nearest to the road that goes past the main gate, as that was the one where I was billeted.

Thanks, I will have a look on my laptop if ive got any pics of the H blocks- or Goldie may have some?

Yes it is being used as a base by the contractors who are widening the A46. No one saw us because we used our epic elite ninja skills, same as we would anywhere else :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: it was quite 'busy' for a derelict site

I should have some, but where they are is another matter! It wasn't as easy wandering around as it used to be thats for sure.

RAF School of Education

I attended RAF School of Education at RAF Newton in 1973 to complete the Senior NCO Management Course which was supposed to make us better managers. Don't know if it worked ...will leave that for someone else to confirm..or not. Good to see some of the old place still standing.

Best thing I remember was trips into Nottingham! Say no more.

Latest posts

Back