RAF Oxenhope, West Yorkshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragamuffin

Reaction score
RAF OXENHOPE, WEST YORKSHIRE

Visited on 24/08/2008

This place seems to be a bit of mystery. Not much around on the internet about it at all. All i do know is that Oxenhope was built during the 2nd World War and was used as part of the GEE navigation system used to guide aircraft. The station was maintained by the RAF until 1970. Bradford University used it as a weather station until a few years back then it was just left to ruin.

Unfortunately it's now been demolished :mad:

Gee Navigation System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEE_(navigation))

In it's hayday...

081.jpg

One of the newer satellite dishes

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

The original WW2 Mast

IMG_6336.jpg

Two smaller dishes

IMG_6338.jpg

RETRO!!!!

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

Wonder if it lists cooking times??? :mrgreen:

IMG_6334.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Last edited:
I think this was also home for the Bradford robotic telescope, an internet controled telescope around the late 90's

mo

An excellent site. A crying shame it got demolished though, especially as there was an original WW2 mast...not many of them around. :(
Fab photos, Ragamuffin. :)

An excellent site. A crying shame it got demolished though, especially as there was an original WW2 mast...not many of them around. :(
Fab photos, Ragamuffin. :)

Cheers foxy! Wish i'd spent more time here, had to rush off tho....went to see the tinsley towers go bye bye :neutral:

Nice one Ragamuffin. Those dishes are excellent. reminds me off Stenigot but on a smaller scale.:)

Back