RAF Tranwell (Morpeth) the next installment

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff as usual Jonney, I've followed this (these) thread(s) with great interest and they never fail to impress!

cheers mate I still have a few more bits and pieces to do round there yet so there could well be another installment to come

Just a quick update, it doesn't warrant a new thread so I'll post it on here. Paid the site a visit this weekend with the vision of getting the remaining stuff from the airfield done but when I arrived there was a point to point horse trial on which was located exactly where I wanted to be so I decided to have a look in the rest of the woods to the right of the main site (where the substation is) and see if there was anything else hidden away. There wasn't much else there to be honest just a few smashed up building bases, one complete building base and 3 more blast shelters (how many's that...too many am sick of the sight of them now lol) anyway here's a few pics

DSCF7106.jpg

DSCF7107.jpg

DSCF7110.jpg

DSCF7122.jpg

roof tile

DSCF7109.jpg

blast shelter number 6

DSCF7113.jpg

DSCF7114.jpg

number 7

DSCF7128.jpg

DSCF7130.jpg

number 8

DSCF7118.jpg

DSCF7120.jpg

and finally the complete building base

DSCF7123.jpg

DSCF7124.jpg

Well it wasn't much but thanks for looking. By the way the building with the nissen hut and the water tower were part of the W.A.A.F dispersal site no. 2

Cheers Jon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back