RAF Tywyn

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jindivik

Reaction score
I went around this site ??/07?10
not much left but what is ive had a go to photo

sorry cant read!!

DSC01664.jpg

Trailer hut
DSC01662.jpg

DSC01660.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

pillboxes type i havent seen before any ideas ??

DSC01647.jpg

with a slit trench to another bunker

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

then this one

DSC01654.jpg

rear off
DSC01654.jpg

inside

DSC01657-1.jpg

bases of buildigs

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

Thanks for these jindivik. The first pillbox is actually an observation post and in conjunction with the linked bunker is probably the airfield battle headquarters, if so this is a pretty big discovery. The second one is a unique type. Neither is in the DoB so I'd be grateful for locations please.

The first pillbox is actually an observation post and in conjunction with the linked bunker is probably the airfield battle headquarters, if so this is a pretty big discovery.

If indeed that is the case, I think Oakington in Cambridgeshire has a similar arrangement. DoB database has the BHQ listed as demolished.

Thanks for these jindivik. The first pillbox is actually an observation post and in conjunction with the linked bunker is probably the airfield battle headquarters, if so this is a pretty big discovery. The second one is a unique type. Neither is in the DoB so I'd be grateful for locations please.

Hi cptpies
the observation post is here
52.596287,-4.105217
the slit trench that goes into the submerged building, inside is only a small box shaped room

the pillbox is here
52.592648,-4.092764
hope these are of use to you

Thanks jindivik I'll add both of these to my overlay. The small room was probably the PBX for the BHQ.

Latest posts

Back