Raf Upwood, Cambridgeshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strawsons were pushing plans for an eco town a few months back, presumably as they'll get major grant assistance if they do manage to promote it that way. I'd suspect the plan may not go down too well with the powers that be though, as from what I've heard of things, they own a number of other ex RAF sites, so would no doubt come begging for assistance to convert them in a similar way too.

Site plans are here

Nice one Neo thats a fab site that.:)

Thanks BShuck

Strawsons were pushing plans for an eco town a few months back, presumably as they'll get major grant assistance if they do manage to promote it that way. I'd suspect the plan may not go down too well with the powers that be though, as from what I've heard of things, they own a number of other ex RAF sites, so would no doubt come begging for assistance to convert them in a similar way too.

Site plans are here

Interesting info :thumbsup

Okay i can take a hint or 2 :) heres a few of mine:

14.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

4.jpg

50.jpg

56.jpg

60.jpg

64.jpg

72.jpg

9.jpg

3.jpg

Dont forget, theres loads more on the website.

Last edited:
cracking report Neo,some excellent pics mate, interesting to see the american pattern fire hydrants there, exactly the same as RAF Kemble in gloucestershire, i wonder how common these are on the more recently decomissioned RAF airfields in this country

Cool photos Gangeox, that boiler looks great:mrgreen:

Thanks Ricasso, it was almost like I had gone home with the hydrants and other American features on the site.

Back