RAF Ventnor R1 CEW ROTOR bunker - Isle of Wight - June 08 - PIC HEAVY

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because we posted it up for everyone to see and there was a group of people that wanted to see it before it was closed they knew if it was publicly posted then it would get sealed

Fantastic pics it's amazing to see how good the condition of the place is aside from the mould.

A breathtaking site, with a great report.

I bet those cool bunker keyrings are long gone now.

wowo great pics
cool to think you were the last one down there!
just makes you wonder how many other sites which i have been not covered and forgotten forever!

Top Report UM :)

Thanks for sharing. Missed this one first time around, so thanks for posting this one up here again.

Lb:jimlad:

Excellent work Mole, thanks, I have always been fascinated by this one - used to run past it in cross country running at school!

Had heard people had got in there, now just seen your pics. How big is the underground site roughly? and the part that is flooded, is that just a single room?

Thanks again, it's made my day!

Keep posting pics, can't have too many!

You did what, the nearest school is miles away, isnt it?
Well it would seem like it if I were running ;)
And yes, its just a single room, but a big and important one, see the Subbrit site for the PDU room.

sorry not into Military stuff per say, so don't know much about it other than the odd visit to places here and there. Was this on A active airfield as you mentioned the CAA getting involved ?, i would guess it was sealed for "health and safety" excuse.

It never had an airfield, but the site was in use by the RAF in its time, but the site is still sort of live, as it has radio masts etc that are owned my the CAA, so not a good place to get caught.
As for the hole, yeh H&S I imagine, although they have left it slightly open, maybe to breathe or to let bats in and out, not that there were any in there anyway, but I doubt they would send anyone in to check.

superb photos - loved it
incidentally, why did you get 'flack' in the original post?:confused:

because we posted it up for everyone to see and there was a group of people that wanted to see it before it was closed they knew if it was publicly posted then it would get sealed

^^^ what he said :)

Thanks for the comments guys and gals, it deffo was a great explore :mrgreen:

Im finding pics all over the place on my pc :p

Another of the many keys inside this complex, Ive a feeling this set of keys was originally from the guard house, where a firearm was kept;

DSCF3374.jpg

:mrgreen:

Back