random pillbox/bunker

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bunker doesn't look like a typical WW2 or cold war design. Are there any other buildings nearby?

I've not checked the Subbrit site but a quick look at my map with cold war artifacts for that area marked on it shows the following ROC posts near Tiptree (discounting Kelvedon!):

Wickham Bishop
Tolleshunt D'Arcy
Lexden
Hatfield Peverel

Nothing jumps out from the DoB data either

there is what look's like foundation's of 2 small building's
8.jpg

9.jpg

how do i add a flash earth or google earth link so you can see exactlly where it is?

there is what look's like foundation's of 2 small building's

how do i add a flash earth or google earth link so you can see exactlly where it is?

Those photos don't really help unfortunately.

Just looked on google maps .....there is a hyperlink at the top right of the map/photo that says 'link' - click on that and follow the instructions.
Can't remember about Flash Earth as I just input the lat/long directly if I use it

Those photos don't really help unfortunately.

Just looked on google maps .....there is a hyperlink at the top right of the map/photo that says 'link' - click on that and follow the instructions.
Can't remember about Flash Earth as I just input the lat/long directly if I use it
sorry for the bad pic's they were taken on a really crap camera phone lol
here a google map's link hope it help's!marty
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...51.811457,0.737506&spn=0.001419,0.004807&z=18

Last edited:
OSGB 1K25 map shows several reservoirs, a well and a waterworks very close to there...without more info I'm thinking that it's more likely something to do with water than defence.

(but I know more about mapping than defence!)

OSGB 1K25 map shows several reservoirs, a well and a waterworks very close to there...without more info I'm thinking that it's more likely something to do with water than defence.

(but I know more about mapping than defence!)
ah thank's for all your info!the reservoir's/lake's that are close by are fishing lake's & a sand pit.

In FlashEarth, click the spot you want to highlight, click "Permanent Link" in the left hand menu, then copy the address from your browser.

Judging by the proximity to the pits, I'd suspect it may be something to do with water extraction/management. We've got loads of gravel/sand pits round here and they have pumping stations beside them to move water from the current works to one of the older pits, to keep the place dry whilst they're working on it. Could be an ex.pumping station/header tank positioned slightly uphill so the water gravity runs off to another location.

Could alternatively be that the site was a former pit that's been used for landfill and the site is/was some form of pressure relief for the decomposition gasses.

Latest posts

Back