Rauceby Hospital - June 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing mate, you got some good shots in a sad lookin place, i hope its gettin redeveloped and not flattened....i must make the same comments for both posts or i may start a fight:) Love the sneaky shot of them all busy takin shots...the sort of thing i do too:mrgreen:

Love the sneaky shot of them all busy takin shots...the sort of thing i do too:mrgreen:

That's "the boss" who took that! She doesn't do the "main" photography when we 'splore but gets lots of sort of interesting angles as it were. She took one of us all in St. Johns a couple of hours before where everyone is squatting by their tripods. She wants it captioned "where urbexers go to roost" when we eventually get round to posting them!

Thanks for sharing! Didn't even know you had that shot of us through the trees :exclaim::)

Ha ha! Hiya Rubes! Yes TJ has a habit of taking little "candid" pix like that when I'm not watching! Makes a change for it not just to be me she's caught on the hop as it were!

Greati magery you guys looks to be an ok splore this does :)

It's OK in as much as it's a fall back 'splore bud. We'd been busted at St. Johns so it seemed a shame to have gone all that way and not get something in the bag! I wouldn't go out of my way to do it and it was as much about 'sploring in good company as the actual 'splore! One for the stand by list!

Ha ha! Hiya Rubes! Yes TJ has a habit of taking little "candid" pix like that when I'm not watching! Makes a change for it not just to be me she's caught on the hop as it were!

It's OK in as much as it's a fall back 'splore bud. We'd been busted at St. Johns so it seemed a shame to have gone all that way and not get something in the bag! I wouldn't go out of my way to do it and it was as much about 'sploring in good company as the actual 'splore! One for the stand by list!

Yeah I knew it was Ravenwings fallback plan rather than a full on splore , didnt realise you all went at the same time , was it a grand bust there then?

Yeah I knew it was Ravenwings fallback plan rather than a full on splore , didnt realise you all went at the same time , was it a grand bust there then?

I think the nosy local watching us walk over to the building called up the angry security guard who turned up with his rather large Alsatian.

He was okay with us to be fair, at least we got to take the easy route out :p

Excellent series of shots :) I'm new to this field and becoming well aware it's always good to have a back up plan !

I think the nosy local watching us walk over to the building called up the angry security guard who turned up with his rather large Alsatian.

He was okay with us to be fair, at least we got to take the easy route out :p

It may have also been the new CCTV covering the rear of the hospital operated by the local council that alerted him.
The residents of Greylees (Rauceby site) are fiercely protective about the location following visits by metal thieves and non villager vandalism recently, hence the CCTV. What with window boards on the south side being pulled off and spotting a 'A flock of rampant urbexers after their prey' (you must admit could look a little dodgy), not suprised the guard turned up. Must of scared him though, actually had to do some work.

As an ex member of staff, the pics are brilliant and caused a tear or two to a few ex staff who have seen them after i posted a link on another site.

Excellent series of shots :) I'm new to this field and becoming well aware it's always good to have a back up plan !

Several fall back plans doesn't hurt to be honest! We went over to Belgium in May and rocked up at our first explore only to find that in 8 months it had changed from a complete and largely intact military hospital to several converted ward blocks (flats), a clinic and a large, open space. TeeJF - 0 developers a lightning fast 1.

So we trek to Liege and tried our next splore... I lost count of the number of Group 4 security vans parked in the car park, must have been a convention... T - 0 rest of the world 2, onwards! Chartreuse Fort... just moving a chunk of concrete aside to crawl in, window opens, "Oy!!!"... TeeJF - 0 Rest of the world 3.

Finally we got an explore in after a day and a half of epic fails but even then we had to slip the secca a few Euros to let us in! That worked well for us though, we had the entire site completely to ourselves for as long as we wanted!

Many a slip twixt cup and lip as they say in China! :p

I never understood the lack of popularity of Rauceby. It a great building to explore, absolutely complete, in a rural quiet setting ******

It was one of several asylums I posted on my website ten years ago. Yet whilst Cane Hill and Severalls became firm favourites, Rauceby was mostly neglected.

It's strange how some places become popular and others are simply left alone.

Haven't worked out why yet...

All the best,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
582032_10151852127545076_1146968230_n.jpg

552636_10151852119250076_1345777681_n.jpg

Couple of photos I got of the glass house/conservatory when I was there .. This building was the highlight for me :)

Excellent shots all of ya! The pace is properlly stripped Cant believe ho 'busy' it was on site there when we went.

Loving that wideangle of the conservatory Headflux!

UrbanX said:
Excellent shots all of ya! The pace is properlly stripped Cant believe ho 'busy' it was on site there when we went.

Loving that wideangle of the conservatory Headflux!

Cheers Lee... Was quite busy wasn't it lol

Latest posts

Back