Rob Roy Caravan Park, Aberdeen 05/09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought there was a bloke who mowed all the grass and stuff?

Yes there is.

It was mostly, if not entirely residential rather than holiday I think. As far as I can tell the owners stopped replacing tenants as they left because they wanted to wind the site down and build houses on it. Planning permission was refused because the road to Aberdeen was felt to be unsuitable for the likely extra commuter traffic.

Rob Roy Caravan Park

First things first, Hello
This is my first response on this site. After having a look at the various locations visited by users on this site, i decided to go to the Rob Roy caravan site, despite those advising not to go.
Personally i thought this was a fantastic place full of photographic opportunities and relatively untouched by Neds and Graffiti artists, anyway here are a few Images from my trip.
001.jpg

Screen threw bathroom window
002.jpg

Gas supply minus the gas
003.jpg

Number 30
004.jpg

Reflection
005.jpg

Very old car in broken garage
006.jpg

Rear light on very old car
007.jpg

Number 1
008.jpg

Hanging Jacket
009.jpg

Lights out

Last edited:
Yeah who told you not to go? !!! This place is amazing :mrgreen:
Nice photos... I regognise your name, flickr I think. You took a model into Richards?

Various people have mentioned the grumpy gardener etc., not necessarily on this thread.

Nice pictures, my favourite is the one with the reflection of an ex caravan in it. :)

There were a couple of comments on an other site that said it was not worth going, I tend to make up my own mind and try not to be influenced.
You are correct Gorecki. the photos of the model in Richards was taken by me, i can't remember if i posted them on 28DaysL8r or not, but i plan to revisit Richards once i find someone to go with and will include previous images in the report.

Latest posts

Back