Roberts Battery Northumberland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these new names are confusing me. :(

Aye its the senility setting in mate, theres no hope:)

I was wondering if there are any places at Roberts Battery to rig rope from or would I have to set up my own anchor points? I fancy a trip down there.

Areet mate. I think we met once when we were on the search for Auxiliary Unit bunkers:)

your right mate it was me and elvis killer you met when looking for that auxiliary unit :)
where you with susage on that baltic cold day

Last edited:
your right mate it was me and elvis killer you met when looking for that auxiliary unit :)
where you with susage on that baltic cold day

Aye it was me. Pity we never found anything! I have a lead for another aux unit - I think it's a winter job like!

Aye . I'm told that it is very similar in condition to the one we found near East Hartford (it's very close to that!) but it still needs recording. It seems like it was possibly a decoy hideout or even a "bolt-hole" from the other one. Wasps abound where it is and as I'm lacking a bee suit (I'll have any that are going for free!) it will have to wait till those baltic winds come once again.

Roberts Battery

Hi,
I stumbled across your thread on the Roberts Battery. I would love to see your pics but was unable to access them. Could you re-post them or provide a link. I live locally and in the late 70s I used to go into the battery via the cliff through a long passage and then a pipe. Once through the pipe, there were a number of doorways which were blocked off with earth and the roof appeared to be made up of backfill, perhaps an exit? One of these doorways led to a number of underground rooms. I managed to add my name to the many other names on the walls. On one ocassion we managed to climb up a shaft which led to another level. Again the passageway was blocked with earth but we managed to make a hole through. There looked to be another room which seemed to be partly filled with water. Unfortunately, that’s as far as we got. I was led to beleve that the whole thing had been demolished by the council. I would love to get back in to have another look howevr, a chance to see your pics would also be of help.

Roberts Battery

That’s a pity, but thanks for the info. Does anyone still have copies of or access to the photos, and if so would they be prepared to re-post them on the site?

Latest posts

Back