S J Dixon & Son Wolves may 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This building, owned by S J Dixon & Son Limited, was erected in 1885 on Cleveland Road by a local firm of builders, Bradney & Co, as an extension to Forder & Co's extension to their 1880/2 factory. Bradney's workmen are said to have used the newly available electric light to extend their working day in order to complete the work.

The building was reported to have been, at the time of its completion, the tallest building in Wolverhampton; but whether or not that included church spires or purely secular buildings was not stated.
No3 of 3 sites on a cracking day out

one by M D Allen, on Flickr

roof-space by M D Allen, on Flickr

finishing by M D Allen, on Flickr

files by M D Allen, on Flickr

bay by M D Allen, on Flickr

150 by M D Allen, on Flickr

big-apple by M D Allen, on Flickr

trimmer by M D Allen, on Flickr

pretty cool site with loads of little bits to see

I received this via email:

I notice that you have a couple of listings for our company premises at S J Dixon in Cleveland Road Wolverhampton. Can I point out that this is not a derelict site but has been leased out to a charity who occupy part of the premises. A further lease is being set up for an educational establishment who are seeking grants and funds for some restoration. I respectfully suggest therefore that these listings should be removed and members should not be encouraged to enter without permission. We will gladly give safe guided tours if requested. Also the police use part of the premises for training their dogs from time to time and the fire services have access for search and rescue training. So you can see our reasons for concern. Please feel free to contact me if you require further information. Kind Regards - Colin Aston

Latest posts

Back