'Santa Sevs' - Severalls - Christmas 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I really enjoyed this report. I bet poor Michael didnt know what to do with you all!
Even the police officers looked like they couldn't stop sniggering!

Kinda gutted to have missed this now, after seeing all the photos! Good work to all involved, Mike is good, so to get 30 odd Santas in and together is a fair achievement in itself.

I'll certainly be along to the next one! Lovely photos all, enjoyed looking at this. :)

It was a real experience, my first time at Severalls, though definitely not my last.
Supposedly it's gone quiet in terms of the sale at the moment.
sweet_pea you need to get yours up on here, especially the one you took of me being walked out!
Massive thanks Urban X, I like the photo you took of my hard hat, it was genuinely brought just for that purpose :p
Pen15, looking forward to seeing yours too.

Why??? Not exactly urbex is it, just mindless stupidity really

That's not very nice is it??? I must say in all honesty that I wouldn't go on a mass explore dressed as Santa (yes I'm rather boring) but if peeps are having fun and not hurting anyone then how on earth is it mindless or stupid?

Might I suggest that you keep your more extreme comments to yourself in future or are you hoping to alienate everyone else in the forum as quickly as possible?

Here's my vid of the day:

Yeah, I blank out a 25 sec bit with access, but I make these videos for myself, and cant be bothered to re-edit the whole thing just to time the access sequence out of it!No need for silly comments or speculations, it's just not wise for our entry method / point to be available to secca, and more importantly it breaks forum rules. Rant over, enjoy the vid!

Additional voice quote in there about the kids loving us and catching 400 people, are from the secca king himself :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KB5-kew7E[/ame]

Here's my vid of the day:

Yeah, I blank out a 25 sec bit with access, but I make these videos for myself, and cant be bothered to re-edit the whole thing just to time the access sequence out of it!No need for silly comments or speculations, it's just not wise for our entry method / point to be available to secca, and more importantly it breaks forum rules. Rant over, enjoy the vid!

Additional voice quote in there about the kids loving us and catching 400 people, are from the secca king himself :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KB5-kew7E

That was great thanks.

I am not too fond of the phrases "Urbex" or "Urban Explorer". UE does sound a bit better as it holds a slight questionable curiosity as to its connotation. I tend to prefer the term 'splore/'splorer as it has less of a formal grounding and more of a general subject matter. By using these slang words it makes the meaning less of a pigeon holed subject and more of a free expression.

(After such a start, my head now hurts and I shall take to my bed :D)

What I am stating is the fact that there are two camps forming. Those who see 'splores as a serious form of documenting and archiving and those who see them as a bit of fun. I am of the belief that it is possible to be less serious about it all and to enjoy the site as it is as well as sharing experiences with likeminded friends whom we meet through these forums. After all, we all like to share stories of past visits and encounters. It is still possible to do the former as well as enjoy the latter.

We are forgetting that we are just photographers, historians and archivists and not some pioneers who have just discovered a cure for cancer or world peace.

Enough of me and more of the post (again some will agree and some won't).

This was a fun visit before anyone comments.

DSC_1001copy_zpsafe7d3c1.png

This is why I am in the camp that likes to do this sort of thing. Value of this snap??? "Priceless!!!"

My good friend travelled all the way from Sheffield to be part of this event and he is not a well man. He wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Great to see you again Bud!

DSC_0983copy_zps6122942e.png

Happy Xmas :)

DSC_1034copy_zps2b132eee.png

Latest posts

Back