Scottish Coal, Stane, Scotland March 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maden_2

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited here solo February 08, again with Shepy & Sonorg March 08.

Not much information kicking about on this one im afraid, other than it was home to Scotlands biggest dragline Coal Shovel.

DSCF6490.jpg

DSCF6481.jpg

DSCF6471.jpg

DSCF6473.jpg

DSCF6462.jpg

DSCF6460.jpg

DSCF6454.jpg

DSCF6920.jpg

DSCF6909-1.jpg

DSCF6902-1.jpg

Looks like a screen / grading plant for the opencast. Possibly its been put by for future use. I gather Scottish coal have a lot of prospects for opencast's and plans for a new deep mine, quite possibly still some way off though.

That's an excellent site. Some really interesting heavy machinery there. Great pics, as always...love that last one with the screw-type conveyor. :)

Nice one maden_2, i was waiting for you to put up a report on this one as the site was your find.

Such a lovely site, with lots of interesting machines still to look at. Suited me right down to the ground as im a huge fan of big industry.

Everything is safe enough to get about on, no real signs of decay yet though the wind flapping through the building will give you a bit of a scare a few times as the whole place makes the strangest croaks and groans!

My pics from the day:

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8819.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

IMG_8846.JPG

IMG_8849.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

IMG_8858.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

~Shepy

Back